ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa extension (after 2.5 yrs)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

annasshah1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK spouse visa extension (after 2.5 yrs)

Post by annasshah1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi everyone. My wife’s visa expires on 4th July 2020 so need to apply for extension before that. We were on holiday in Pakistan and ended up being stuck there due to COVID-19. After returning I find that the A2 English test centres are fully booked near me (Birmingham) and closest one is in London on 23rd June. My question is do I apply without this test and once the centres have reopened in Birmingham I will then send the result to home office at a later date or should I make a trip to London and do the test.

Also, is it possible for somebody to send me a Full list of documents needed for extension of spouse visa. I know them broadly however if somebody has already applied I would appreciate if you post the list.

Many thanks in advance.

STONEPEE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK spouse visa extension (after 2.5 yrs)

Post by STONEPEE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:37 pm

After your application is submitted a full list will be generated and It can be printed

annasshah1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annasshah1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 pm

What I meant is a list of documents for me to send with the application form. E.g payslips, bank statements, passports and its photocopies etc etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi everyone. My wife’s visa expires on 4th July 2020 so need to apply for extension before that. We were on holiday in Pakistan and ended up being stuck there due to COVID-19. After returning I find that the A2 English test centres are fully booked near me (Birmingham) and closest one is in London on 23rd June. My question is do I apply without this test and once the centres have reopened in Birmingham I will then send the result to home office at a later date or should I make a trip to London and do the test.
She must do the English test before biometric appointment at UKCVAS and upload it with her supporting documents. You cannot post documents later to HO.
Also, is it possible for somebody to send me a Full list of documents needed for extension of spouse visa. I know them broadly however if somebody has already applied I would appreciate if you post the list.
Same requirements as before. Evidence of minimum 6 months payslips and bank statements proving you meet the financial requirement. More is needed if you are self employed etc. Employment letter. English A2, proof of cohabitation in both your names for the last two years. Passports and BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

annasshah1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annasshah1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Thank you so much CR001 for your reply.

How are the additional documents submitted? Is this done online with the form?

Many thanks for all your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15 pm

How are the additional documents submitted? Is this done online with the form?
Once you have applied, submitted and paid online, you will be directed to UKCVAS Sopra Steria's website/portal. This is where you upload your documents and book an appointment for biometrics and identity check. Once you have attended your appointment, UKCVAS sends your app and docs electronically to UKVI to start processing.

immigration-for-family-members/new-uk-v ... 67057.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

annasshah1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annasshah1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank you again. So I’ll have to scan the documents and submit with the form.

Is there an order of how I should submit? I know when I was applying for initial spouse visa, they asked us to put the documents in a particular order to make it easy for the CO.

Also my first child was born in Pakistan and second in UK. For my first child when I was applying for visa I had to submit a DNA report. Do I need to submit that with the extension too? (He now has a British passport by descent so I do not need to apply for extension of visa for him).

I was stuck in Pakistan due to COVID-19 between End of March and start of June, and my employer put me on unpaid leave (they furloughed my contract as soon as I got back in to UK as of 8th June). My salary is £47k, however my last 3 payslips are not the same as previous. But I still meet the threshold. Should I submit 12months payslips? What else do you think I will need to submit?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:38 pm

annasshah1990 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 pm
Also my first child was born in Pakistan and second in UK. For my first child when I was applying for visa I had to submit a DNA report. Do I need to submit that with the extension too? (He now has a British passport by descent so I do not need to apply for extension of visa for him).
No need as he is now British.
annasshah1990 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 pm
If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
I was stuck in Pakistan due to COVID-19 between End of March and start of June, and my employer put me on unpaid leave (they furloughed my contract as soon as I got back in to UK as of 8th June). My salary is £47k, however my last 3 payslips are not the same as previous. But I still meet the threshold. Should I submit 12months payslips? What else do you think I will need to submit?
Only 6 months and your furlough income will be assumed as 100% instead 80%
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Is there an order of how I should submit? I know when I was applying for initial spouse visa, they asked us to put the documents in a particular order to make it easy for the CO.
The UKCVAS portal gives you folder categories for documents. The order makes no difference.
No.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

annasshah1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annasshah1990 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm

This is all really helpful thank you so much.

Just a final question, if the visa expires 4th July, and gov.uk says all visas are extended till 31st July, does that mean I still need to apply before 4th July or is it possible to apply before 31st July?

I am intending to apply before 4th July anyway but just a thought.

Also how late can I apply? If I was to apply on 4th July e.g would I be classed as overstayer? Or do I need to apply BEFORE 4th?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:36 pm

annasshah1990 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm
This is all really helpful thank you so much.

Just a final question, if the visa expires 4th July, and gov.uk says all visas are extended till 31st July, does that mean I still need to apply before 4th July or is it possible to apply before 31st July? The aspect you are referring to with 31st July 2020 applies to people who are on short term visas in the UK e.g. visitor visa and who are unable to leave the UK due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I am intending to apply before 4th July anyway but just a thought.

Also how late can I apply? If I was to apply on 4th July e.g would I be classed as overstayer? Or do I need to apply BEFORE 4th? You need to apply before your visa expires.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:36 pm

annasshah1990 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm
Also how late can I apply? If I was to apply on 4th July e.g would I be classed as overstayer?
No.

If that's what you choose to do for whatever reason, do ensure the visa fee is paid on that date.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."