ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ERROR SPOTED AFTER BIOMETRIC DONE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petervang

Help with Naturalisation app submitted

Post by petervang » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi all good evening,
I am seeking advice and guidance relating to my Naturalisation application submitted by an immigration adviser. The following are my circumstances and questions. As I am now due to enroll for my biometric.

1) Application submitted online and paid
2) 3 years Route / absence within limit
3) Passport stamped entry on arrivals all times
4) 2 Referees Ok
5) over 65 years old no tests required

6) One of the question on the form : Are
you employed : NO

7) other question on the form : Have you
had Any other work over the past 10 years
Or since you arrived in the UK : NO

MY QUESTIONS

A) Upon seeing the documents check list I have seen that I will need PROOF OF LIVING IN THE UK . Will Bank Statement and utility Bill suffice for this requirement. As I have got no other documents. If yes then for what periods can I take with me at the appointment centre.

B) Refer to the above 6 & 7 Would this NO’s Be an issue in anyway.

Also please guide me if I should carry with me any other necessary documents when attending the appointment centre.

I will very much appreciate if the experts and anyone would advice me on this matter.

Thanking all in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help with Naturalisation app submitted

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:37 pm

A) Assuming you are a non-EU national then your passport(s) covering the three year period are sufficient.
B) No - employment is not a pre-requisite for naturalisation
For the appointment you only need your passport to prove your identity - note that UKVCAS don't give advice.
Has your adviser, or you, uploaded all the required document copies?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

petervang

Post by petervang » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi alterhase58, thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes I am a non EU national.

My adviser had uploaded all the documents but had asked me to take with me my Passport, Wife’s British passport, Biometric card, marriage certificate and proof of living in the UK When I attend the appointment centre.

This was before the lockdown hence now the centres have opened up so managed to get a rescheduled appointment.

Will double check tomorrow with the adviser if he had uploaded the documents at the time of submitting the application.

Thank you very much for your advise will let you know through the board if anything.

Goodnight and God Bless you

petervang

Post by petervang » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:12 am

Hi alterhase58 and all with further to my query regarding attending for Biometric appointment.

Yes, My documents were uploaded by the adviser. EXCEPT for proof of LIVING IN THE UK. Which he said I should collect it With me when attending the appointment at ESP as they would upload it there. As mentioned in my initial post that I have only got Bank Statements and utility Bill. Will this be sufficient as I HAVE GOT NO OTHER DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE. He’s also mentioned that I take my passport, Biometric card, Wife’s Passport, marriage certicate, Referees original signed papers with My photos on it. Online application print out (Though he’s uploaded all this at time of submitting the application).

A) I am worried about proof of living in the UK
As mentioned earlier I have not worked in the UK therefore I don’t have any other papers.

B) Would there be any issue regarding HMRC.

Please, Please, I will very much appreciate of guidance on this matter as am confused.

Thanking all in advance. Kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:56 am

Ref. A)
As I pointed out as a non-EU national your proof of residence is your passport(s) covering the three year residency period. No need for anything else. This is the standard advice given here for non-EU applicants.
Ref. B)
I see no issue with HMRC - you don't need to be in employment for naturalisation - it's not an immigration application.

Note that your appointment at UKVCAS is for biometrics only - you need to bring your passport as proof of identity - they work for UKVI but don't give advice on applicant's documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

petervang

Post by petervang » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi alterhase58 I thank you very much for your prompt and assuring reply.

I was a bit worried and confused about this issue your advice has been very helpful and assuring.

Once again thank you very much have a nice day and god bless you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:47 pm

You are welcome - we've all been through this.
Any further queries please post in this thread.

petervang

Post by petervang » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Thank you very much for your assistance and assurance.

Will contact you through the board if any further query. Kind regards.

petervang

ERROR SPOTED AFTER BIOMETRIC DONE

Post by petervang » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi all good afternoon. I recently had my Biometric done for Naturalisation at the appointment centre After scanning my Passport the nice lady noticed that on the online application form a digit is missing on my Passport number. She told me that she has updated the number correctly, but this probably is on and for their records only. She further said they are not authorised to amend any details on the application form already submitted. Instead I must inform my adviser of the error.

A) This is how the error/omission occurred.
Passport number indicated on the form: ABC44123. As 8 digit. While the actual passport number is ABC444123 9 Digit

After completing the Biometric on returning home I noticed a further error on the application form whereby on Nationality details, my place of birth is wrongly spelt “Just by one word” Country of birth is correct. Example as below.

B) Place of birth On the form indicated as
ABCDEFXH

The correct format is ABCDEFGH

Unfortunately I am unable to get hold of my adviser who submitted my application.
I am now very confused about this issue.

Do I or my adviser have to contact home office regarding this silly errors.

I will very much appreciate of any advice from the expert of members who may have encountered such errors / issues.

Thanking all in advance. Kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ERROR SPOTED AFTER BIOMETRIC DONE

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:55 pm

This shouldn't be a problem because they have a copy of your passport anyway (uploaded) - if UKVI wish to query these minor discrepancies they'll contact you. The only issue might be that they'll put the incorrect DOB spelling on the Certificate of Naturalisation. Clearly you could ask your adviser to arrange an email or letter to UKVI pointing out this - once you have received your case ID confirmation.

petervang

Post by petervang » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Thank you very much alterhase58 for your prompt reply as usual. My case ID was received from UKVI Few days after the Application was submitted ( In March before the lockdown) Even much before Biometric was actually done, This acknowledgment was as follows.

“Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.”

However I am still unable to get hold of my adviser. Just in case if I need to contact the HO ( if possible) directly, to advise of this error then what would be the best way by e mail would be easier.

Will appreciate if you could provide me the relevant e mail address. Will bother you again if any further guidance advice needed.

Regret for any inconvenience caused. Thanking in advance kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:29 pm

A caseworker would contact you via email - in that case you should reply to the email address of him/her.
There are a number of email addresses being posted here from time to time such as:
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk
If you send an email to these addresses you should quote your case ID and full details and an explanation/correction of the errors. I assume your adviser is with you until you receive the approval so copy him/her as well. The naturalisation certificate, your current passport(s) and subsequent British passport should show the same data.

petervang

Post by petervang » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Thank you very much once again for your helpful advice. Waiting to hear from the adviser. So I can request him to do the necessary. If I don’t hear from him in few days time then I will email HO accordingly on one of the addresses advised by you.

Thank you very much and kind regards.

petervang

Post by petervang » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi alterhase58 sorry to bother you and all once again.

Is there a phone number for HO where I can phone to inform them of the corrections to be applied on my online application for Naturalisation in regards to the errors spotted on my application , after the Biometric done.

Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 pm

petervang wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm
Hi alterhase58 sorry to bother you and all once again.

Is there a phone number for HO where I can phone to inform them of the corrections to be applied on my online application for Naturalisation in regards to the errors spotted on my application , after the Biometric done.

Thanks in advance. Kind regards.
No there isn't. The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent and don't have access to your full application etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

petervang

Post by petervang » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response so the best way is to contact them via email.

Kind Regards and thank you very