ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund Fee issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sadi Nor
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ESOL-Level 3

Post by Sadi Nor » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:10 am

Hello,

Respected senior friends I need some information about the English Requirements for ILR. I am on dependent visa as my husband has Ent. Tier 1 50K.
We are applying ILR next month. I have done life in UK test. Last year I did ESOL level 3 course. It covers the Listening, reading, writing and speaking. I gave Exam in Ealing Council because I did few months course with Ealing Adult Learning.
My question about the awarding body and centre. Is it acceptable of this certificate.they have written that ***×**** has passed ESOL Level 3 course at Ealing Adult Learning. I paid fee to Ealing council. Top on the Certificate "Ascentis" is written and Regulated by "Ofqual".
Is this acceptable for ILR application as a proof of English requirements??

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ESOL-Level 3

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 am

ESOL has been removed from the Home Office list of acceptable tests. You need B1 level from a test/test provider on the HO approved list.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sadi Nor
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Refund Fee issue

Post by Sadi Nor » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Dear Seniors,

I hope you and your families are very well. Also the all readers as well.

Actually I applied Ent. Tier 1 (50k route) extension with my son in September. My husband applied ILR. I was short of three weeks from ILR. Once I completed my 5 years then I switched my application from extension to ILR. I was granted ILR in December and applications were made in 2nd of October. I applied through a Solicitor. I paid him and he paid fee from his/his company account.
I am chasing him for refund since November 2019. He replied couple of times but now he is not answer my call, text and email.
Please can you tell me the email address where I can contact with home Office for my and my son refund?

Thanks.

May God Safe you all of them.

Kind Regards,
Nor

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Refund Fee issue

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Refunds will be returned to the card holder that paid the fees. If that was your solicitor, it will be returned to them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice