ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 qualification requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAQ9509
Newly Registered

tier 1 qualification requirement

Post by JAQ9509 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 am

Hi

I have a quick questions regarding the qualification evidence requirement under tier 1 i.e.

My understanding about the qualification proof is that only the original degree certificate is sufficient and academic transcript is optional.

Can someone please confirm?

-Jaq

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JAQ9509
Newly Registered

Post by JAQ9509 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm

vinny wrote:Qualifications
Thx Vinny, to be honest I had seen this link before and in doubt about my understanding threrefore posted a question :-)

I would appreciate experts on the subject matter like you can cast some light on.

I would rephrase the question as

What is mandatory evidence for Qualification attribute under PBS tier 1 system?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:16 pm

:shock:
Qualifications wrote:If you have been awarded a qualification
If you have been awarded a qualification, you must provide the original certificate of award. The original certificate of award must always be provided unless you are awaiting graduation or you no longer have the certificate and the institution that issued the certificate is unable to issue a replacement.
If you cannot provide your original certificate
If you are awaiting graduation, or you no longer have the certificate and the institution that issued it is unable or issue a replacement, you must provide the original academic reference and original transcript.
Where's the confusion, or should I ask why?

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JAQ9509
Newly Registered

Post by JAQ9509 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 am

sushdmehta wrote::shock:
Qualifications wrote:If you have been awarded a qualification
If you have been awarded a qualification, you must provide the original certificate of award. The original certificate of award must always be provided unless you are awaiting graduation or you no longer have the certificate and the institution that issued the certificate is unable to issue a replacement.
If you cannot provide your original certificate
If you are awaiting graduation, or you no longer have the certificate and the institution that issued it is unable or issue a replacement, you must provide the original academic reference and original transcript.
Where's the confusion, or should I ask why?

regards
Thx Sush!
Indeed, it is clear that ONLY degree certificate as a qualification proof is sufficient. The reason I ask this question is that I only have a degree certificate and seem to have misplaced the academic transcript. Therefore, want some expert to explicitly confirm that "Yes, your understanding is correct, only the degre certificate will suffice as a proof of qualification" may be I am a bit thick :-)

Regards,
Jaq

vix95
Newly Registered

Qualifcation in English

Post by vix95 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 am

Hi , I have my BE Electronics from Pune University. Do I need to ubmit any proof that the same was done in english ?

Thanks