ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

needinfo
Newly Registered

Query regarding Dependent Visa

Post by needinfo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I have got my Tier 1 general Visa and I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my wife in sometime. Does my wife's passport compulsorily need to have my name added in it? Currently, my name is not added in my wife's passport and my wife's name is not added in my passport. If it is required, I'll first get my name added to my wife's passport and then apply for dependent visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Not required.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

needinfo
Newly Registered

Post by needinfo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks a lot for replying sushdmehta. I have one more query regarding the section 6.4:" Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?" of the vaf10 dependant form.

Actually few years back, I wanted to take my wife to US with me on a dependant Visa and we had applied for the US B1 visa for her. But the US consulate officer didn't grant the visa to her. The officer told us that since I was going for short term they don't see any reason for my wife to accompany me.

Now should I mention this in section 6.4 when I apply for my wife's dependant visa or not? I am thinking it is better to mention it. What do you think?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Never hide the facts!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!