ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal mail lost my passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

Royal mail lost my passport

Post by farrukh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi All
I was granted HSMP for 2 years which is running out in October first week. My passport was about to expire and I thought its better to renew it before my HSMP extension. I went to London and applied for my new passport sucessfully. I had to post my old passport again so they can send me my new passport along with the old one. I send it though special next day delievery and after 5 days its still missing. No one knows where it is. Now, the situation is that, even if somehow i get my new passport from the embassy which is ready to pick up, how am I going to prove it to HO that I was granted visa and lost my passport. I need urgent advice from anyone please.

p.s please use courier service when sending important documents. Royal mail is not very helpful in these circumstances.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Report the loss with police. I guess you'll get a copy of the complaint which you can use when dealing with UKBA/HO on the matter. It might be a good idea to inform UKBA/HO and seek their advice on what you must do in the given circumstances.

UKBA/HO will have your entire immigration history (UK) in their system so proving that you have valid leave to remain is not the issue here or something you should be paranoid about. All UKBA/HO will need is your name, date of birth, nationality and passport number to dig out your records.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

republique
BANNED

Re: Royal mail lost my passport

Post by republique » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:47 pm

farrukh wrote:Hi All
I was granted HSMP for 2 years which is running out in October first week. My passport was about to expire and I thought its better to renew it before my HSMP extension. I went to London and applied for my new passport sucessfully. I had to post my old passport again so they can send me my new passport along with the old one. I send it though special next day delievery and after 5 days its still missing. No one knows where it is. Now, the situation is that, even if somehow i get my new passport from the embassy which is ready to pick up, how am I going to prove it to HO that I was granted visa and lost my passport. I need urgent advice from anyone please.

p.s please use courier service when sending important documents. Royal mail is not very helpful in these circumstances.
What does the tracker say regarding the package's status?

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks alot for your reply. Ill make a police report tomorrow and lets see wat happens.

The tracker is saying the same thing for last 5 days: "Your item is currently progressing through our network for delivery". When I called them they say they cant trace it where it is.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm

farrukh wrote:Thanks alot for your reply. Ill make a police report tomorrow and lets see wat happens.

The tracker is saying the same thing for last 5 days: "Your item is currently progressing through our network for delivery". When I called them they say they cant trace it where it is.
Then you will have to give it a couple of weeks. Sometimes it gets stuck somewhere and if you contacted royal mail, it is not considered missing within one week. You'd have to wait and you have some time to work with.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks for your advice. Perhaps you people are rite that I am over reacting. I'll wait for one more week.

Cheers

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

farrukh wrote:Thanks for your advice. Perhaps you people are rite that I am over reacting. I'll wait for one more week.

Cheers
Hi Farrukh,
Recently I have sent something by Special delivery. In the evening, it was showing that we have received the post and they expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time. The next day when I checked it says the same thing as in your case.

When I checked later with the receiver, actually they have received the itesm. So I would advise that you also check whether they have received your document or not. i hope everything will be sorted.

Cheers!
Jackie

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi Jackie!!

I am in contact with them and they havent recieved it. Fingers crossed.

Cheers jackie

guest_1234
Newly Registered

Post by guest_1234 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:55 pm

one of my friends had a lost passport case as well...uk home office is able to take care of these cases as they have full record

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:04 am

Morning Sushdmehta

Im sorry for asking this question but can u please give me the emialaddress and/or contact number of UKBA/HO so i can seek thier advice.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 am

UKBA Customer Contact Center wrote:Phone: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000
Email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Opening Hours: 0900 to 1700 Monday to Friday

Address: Customer Contact Centre, UK Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 am

farrukh wrote:Thanks alot for your reply. Ill make a police report tomorrow and lets see wat happens.

Any luck???