ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A question about Life in the UK (LitUK) registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spaul84
Newly Registered
India

A question about Life in the UK (LitUK) registration

Post by spaul84 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 am

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone who has appeared for the LitUK test can answer this question.

There is a field in the LitUK registration which says to write the name of the town/city where you were born. I have used my BRP for registration. In the BRP, the place is written as <town>, <country>. Do you fill the field in the registration as <town> <country> then? I am aware that you cannot put punctuation there, as well as the fact that a field before that asks specifically for the country.

The reason I am asking this is because of the fact that some people mentioned that the place of birth should match exactly as the ID.

Anyone with some experience in the matter would clear my confusion.
Again, thanks in advance,
Paul

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: A question about Life in the UK (LitUK) registration

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Yes. Town followed by country is the norm
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

spaul84
Newly Registered
India

Re: A question about Life in the UK (LitUK) registration

Post by spaul84 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Yes. Town followed by country is the norm
Thanks very much for your reply and clarification.