ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Go for settled or stay on presettled.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gremlinimons
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Go for settled or stay on presettled.

Post by Gremlinimons » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am

Hello.
Ive been reading some conflicting info so would love to hear from someone who has gone through it.

We (EU+nonEU) arrived in UK 2014 on EU family permit. In 2016 he converted to EEA2 residence card. Last year we both got presettled. Last month I, EU citizen, was granted Settled status.
We were thinking of holding of on applying for settled for my husband because before 2016 (when he got EEA2) he didnt have bank account and was working sporadically (when all the COA etc allowed it), we rented a room so no bills etc so he wouldnt be able to provide 5 years paperwork.
However I have been reading that non EU residents proof of residence is considered by the lenght of their relationship to their EU family member. So if we came together and are together all this time recognised by HO- can he apply for settled status, just link to my status, show his residence card jist like for presettled and be granted settled without having to show any residence paperwork?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Go for settled or stay on presettled.

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:54 am

Hello

I believe you are overthinking it.

The application is free. There is nothing to lose by applying again and hope for the best. Non-EEA nationals usually get easier than EEA nationals because they are subject to immigration control so it's harder for them to simulate the fact that they live in the UK. While an EEA national can easily live abroad and pretend living in the UK.

Give it a go. Nothing to lose.

Desi Boy
United Kingdom

Re: Go for settled or stay on presettled.

Post by Desi Boy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi you can apply settled status now.. I m non eu family member reach in UK 2015 and I apply my settle status already..
Wish your hubby all the best