ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Settlement Scheme (Northern Irish) - Non-EU wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magill
Newly Registered
China

EEA Settlement Scheme (Northern Irish) - Non-EU wife

Post by magill » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 pm

I've got a query about the EEA Settlement scheme and our situation, if anyone can reassure me that would be great!

My wife has been in N.Ireland for nearly 10 years (In October). She is currently on a UK Spouse visa that expires on the 26th of August. We've been looking at options to make up the gap until she can apply for PR in October. With the changes to the EEA Settlement scheme regarding to people born in Northern Ireland, it seems to be the best route as applying for another 2 year spouse visa is quite expensive.

Do you think with applications only being available from the 24th of August, that we would be ok to wait until then considering her current visa will be expired a few days later?

I was born and have lived in Northern Ireland all my life and have always held an Irish passport.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Settlement Scheme (Northern Irish) - Non-EU wife

Post by Br28016 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Have a read of this thread.

eea-route-applications/anxious-regardin ... 02290.html

Just been sucessful in achieving eu route. Having read it did think whether should just apply now in our case although we have time on our side so will probably wait.

May be worth considering applying now and see what happens.

Not sure how long you have been married but if at three year point may be worth getting her to apply for Irish citizenship as my understanding was that if had been living on Island of Ireland was eligible at three year point. Would not get in time for this August but worth considering for longer term