ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent:Interview with home office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

123just
Newly Registered

Urgent:Interview with home office

Post by 123just » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 am

Hi everyone..Here is my story in short : I came to uk applied for asylum in 1998 then my case was not delt with until 2003 where i was refused i appealed 6 times against wrong decision from home office to remove me to countries where i dont belong and it carried on up to May 2008 where i got a decision from court of appeal to turn my application down .My solicitor closed my case but promised he will take it further with the barrister to european court of appeal but i think he backed up from this as he is not returning any of my 20+ calls to his secretary.

I was sent a letter to attend an interview with the home office this friday to go on next monday and they asked me to bring any document from back home even if they are expired one.here is what it says:

the interview is required to collate and verify personal data about you and your family.You are required to bring any documents to proof your nationality with you(which they already got it when i gave up my passport when i applied for asylum)..These documets required are like :

National passport - birth cirtifcate - National ID - Military service card - Driving license (even if expired) - Educational certificate - letters from family back home (????)

what do you think they are trying to do and have anyone else got such a letter .Currently I am a single person with the second year on IT course in uni and nearly 10 years resident in england.

is this an indication to remove me from country ?? since they are asking about documents from back home and letters from family :idea:

any help appreciated or any directions if i can go further than that with my case,and thank you all in advance for your reply...

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent:Interview with home office

Post by tasha75 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:35 am

Hi,
do you know if your case is being dealt with by the case resolution directorate? If you don't know what is this, search "legacy case" here or google it up.
I think on the information provided it is difficult to say what they are trying to do, it could be either - trying to remove you or grant you some leave. Depends on which country you are from, whether you have any family here (children, long-term partner etc.), any criminal convictions.

Just curious how come they had your passport yet they were trying to remove you to a different country? On what basis did they think you'd admitted to that country?
Do not live your life in fear.

123just
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent:Interview with home office

Post by 123just » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

tasha75 wrote:Hi,
do you know if your case is being dealt with by the case resolution directorate? If you don't know what is this, search "legacy case" here or google it up.
I think on the information provided it is difficult to say what they are trying to do, it could be either - trying to remove you or grant you some leave. Depends on which country you are from, whether you have any family here (children, long-term partner etc.), any criminal convictions.

Just curious how come they had your passport yet they were trying to remove you to a different country? On what basis did they think you'd admitted to that country?
Hi tasha,and many thanks for your reply.I got a partner for nearly 4 years but she is not british she is on a student visa here until 2010.Regarding second question i am palestinian used to live in lebanon.I dont have a lebanese passport initially but they issue us in lebanon with a travel document which expired 2001 and this document I handed it on airport when i applied for asylum.The first refusal they gave me in 2003 after nearly 5 years of waiting and with the refusal letter came direction to remove me to somalia(god knows why they done that).Appealed HO backed up sayign wrong directions.Second refusal was to palestinian terretories went for appeal HO backed off saying wrong removal direction.Again sent refusal wirh removal directions to palestine this time.Judge refused to go on as removal directions should be to lebanon since i was born and lived there.Again removal direction once again sent to palestinian terretories .We went to court HO once more said there is a mistake in directions,and of course you know how long these takes to do over 4 years.Finally sent me removal directions to lebanon went for appeal i was given humitarian protection by the judge the home office appealed against judge ,then appealete authority refused the judge decision.Then we went to court of appeal on may 2008 again my application was refused.And now since May 2008 my case was not been delt with a lawyer although the barrister and my lawyer said we will be going to european human right court.Never heared from lawyer since then I gave him so many calls and it is clearly he don't want to return my calls.Previously he mentioned if your case was still going on until you are 10 years lawfully in this country which i should be in November this year,then I should get ILR.This is so frustrating and especially now with this interview coming only with 2 days notice and I don't know what would be the outcome of it.Thank you again for your effort to help .

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Bad news - they are starting the removal process over again. What they want the interview for is to gather bio data to enable them to get a travel document to return you to the Lebanon.

They will also put you on reporting restrictions pending getting the travel doc.

As for partner - are they from an EEA country - if so you have a massive get out clause.

123just
Newly Registered

Post by 123just » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:17 pm

yes it is bad news...went there and they brought a bio data document and asked me to sign papers including information of my family whereabout nearest worship palce,police station ...etc... it is definately they are looking to send me back..i refused to sign tellign them i need to speak to my lawyer first....next week is my monthly date for reporting i guess they would be waiting for me to pursue this further...I hope not but we will see....

my partner she is from middle east but i guess this wont help at all as they didnt even bother to ask about her didnt look at her papers at all all the asked me to do is to get a photo and thumb finger prints and filling those documets...I am looking now for a good private solictor who can pursue this with me ...i hope i will be successfull..if you guys have any info or hints how I can challenge the deportation please let me know...thank you all!!

jerryscot
Newly Registered

Post by jerryscot » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

I dont thin you should worry too much about it. Get a solicitors advice before going to the home office. I had a similar experience but with the help of my solicitor, I was given a five years visa and will be eligible for a BP in 2010.

123just
Newly Registered

Post by 123just » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm

jerryscot..could you please let me know what did they ask you there...are you single? could you please give more details ..many thanks mate...

bahwe

Post by bahwe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:11 pm

You should get a lawyer before next week. What if they detain you in order to deport you? I heard many stories of people being detained while reporting.