ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed with EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colombo
Newly Registered

help needed with EEA2

Post by colombo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi,

I have picked up a few useful information from this forum. thanks . I was wondering if i could get some further clarification or some help with regard to my unusual situation.

Iam a sri Lankan national. i came to the UK as a student in 2003. in 2005 i switched to a work visa which expires in july 2010. After i got my work visa i changed my employer as the company was sold to another one. so i quit this company and took up employment with another company in a different field ( but still on a original work permit)

I was advised that i have breached immigration laws as i changed my employer. i only changed it as the company was sold.

I got married to my slovakian partner in april 2008 in Cyprus. we love each other and we have known each other for over 2 years. she has even visited my family in srilanka and her parents were here in the UK aswell.

Now that iam told i have breached the immigration law i want to switch to be my wifes depandant.

i have called home office and they advised me i can change it in the UK and i will have to fill a EEA2 form to change. is this correct?

my wife has recently applied for the eea1 and we should hear something in the next few days.

would anyone suggest me what i can do as iam in a very bad situation. Iam 100% confident that my employer has not notified the home office when i quit as they were sorting their own issues about the sale of the company. i have been on holidays with my wife and have been tru immigration several times and never had a problem

My question is would it be adviseable to go to slovakia and apply for a visa to come back to UK or would it be better if i could apply for the visa in Sri lanka or do i just apply for EEA2 within the UK?

if i apply for a visa from slovakia / srilanka what visa do i need to apply for? how lond would that take?

because i breached the immigration law will i get into trouble?

my wife is employed and earns over 1.2k per month. but she will be a student from september. but will be working part time. I have a good job. we have a joint bank acct with about £2000 - £3000 in savings. My wifes wages are paid into this acct. I have savings of about £6000. so can i say my wife will be self sufficient as i can be her sponsor. we rent a flat and have a tenancy agreement with joint names.

one more thing my wife has a drinking offence convection last year. will it effect my application in anyway?

I would appreciate if some one could help me out.

look forward for your input.

Thanks

colombo
Newly Registered

Post by colombo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm

any one who could help me?

bamarek
Newly Registered

Post by bamarek » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Colombo, you did not say if you are a resident in Slovakia. If you are you can apply in Slovakia, if not you can only do it Sri Lanka or apply for a visa under EU law in the UK. The latter will however take a long time to process and if the Home Office already contacted you about breaching the law you may be in trouble.

Hope some experts here will tell you more.

colombo
Newly Registered

Post by colombo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 pm

iam not a slovakian resident. Iam in the UK. The home office does not know i changed my employer. the company who sponsered me went into liquidation and thay was why i changed my employer. this was in 2006. since then i have been in and out of the country on several ocassions.

so would they verify my current status?

all iam worried is would they check my ni number and fins company "B" instead of company "A"

i was told by a few that they wouldnt look into it. just wanted to confirm.

any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

bamarek
Newly Registered

Post by bamarek » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 pm

They can look at it for sure but probability that someone will refuse her entry because of this reason is rather little. But I dont understand why cant you just report that you changed the employer now? If you are here legally and pay taxes they will not bother too much that you did it too late.

colombo
Newly Registered

Post by colombo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm

thanks. perhaps i should do that.