ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation applications during Coronavirus lockdown

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rusland
Spain

Naturalisation applications during Coronavirus lockdown

Post by Rusland » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are all well and safe.

I wanted to check with you whether you have any update on what's happening with the applications for naturalization which should be considered now.
By looking at this forum, I read that some of the applications sent in February were replied around March, however according to the application timelines in the forum, most of the applications sent in March seem to not have received an answer.

Do you know by any chance if the HO is looking at naturalization applications?

Dani

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation applications during Coronavirus lockdown

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Rusland wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm
Hi all,

Hope you are all well and safe.

I wanted to check with you whether you have any update on what's happening with the applications for naturalization which should be considered now.
By looking at this forum, I read that some of the applications sent in February were replied around March, however according to the application timelines in the forum, most of the applications sent in March seem to not have received an answer.

Do you know by any chance if the HO is looking at naturalization applications?

Dani
Naturalisation often takes 4-6 months on average after Biometrics :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:15 am

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware that this is what the HO advises. However, if you check the processing times of users of the forum it seems that the a stage the response time was about 4-5 weeks after the biometrics

Anyways, what I really wanted to check was whether there has been any notification from the Home Office in regards to processing times because of the Coronavirus.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 am

There is a delay.

british-citizenship/general-discussion- ... l#p1893003
khizarm wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:55 am
Got this email today.

Good morning

Thank you for your email, I apologies for the delay in responding.

I can confirm your application has been successful, however with the current circumstances there will be a delay in completing the process. We are advising the following:

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible but in the current circumstances applications will take longer than normal to process, including applications for British Citizenship. If you have submitted an application and are concerned about missing a deadline to enrol biometrics, provide additional information or take a citizenship ceremony, please be assured that extra time will be allowed and applications will be held open during this period. No adverse decisions will be made on applications because of delays caused by Coronavirus.

Kind Regards
MMST FMT
UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks for the reply!

So just to be clear, when they mention that "the application has been successful, does this mean that the application has been received or that the application has been accepted. I do understand that there will be a delay in the process as there will not be any naturalisation celebrations until the lockdown is over. However I wonder whether they are still processing applications or everything is in stand by.

Again, by looking at the application timelines of other people who sent the application in March, it seems that there is no reply yet to anyone, even those who sent the application in the beginning of the month.

Thanks again!

Pan13
United Kingdom

Post by Pan13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:54 am

Based on everything I saw from people posting here HO is prioritising Visas but BC apps are also being processed so of course delay will set in. Myself I am waiting 3 weeks now, most people I see got their decision within 4-7 weeks.

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:58 pm

I am not entirely sure they are reviewing naturalisation applications if I am honest. Some councils like the Hackney one mention in the Naturalization ceremony application that they are not reviewing applications anymore for the moment.

This would explain that most of the people who have posted in the February and March application timelines in this forum are still waiting for an answer. Only those who applied in the beginning of February seem to have received an answer. Hence I think that it will take now much longer to get an answer ...

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:51 am

I applied on the 25th February. I’m wondering if people who applied around that time have got a decision?

Also is there an email or contact number to find out? Or should I wait until the states 4-6 months?