ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will home office reject my application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nik828
inactive
United Kingdom

Will home office reject my application?

Post by Nik828 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

I applied for naturalisation in order to satisfy right to work checks as my ILR is in my expired passport. The passport has been expired for 9 years but I have had 3 jobs after 2016. I was completely unaware of the changes made in 2015 about how an ILR being in an expired passport does not permit employment. Evidently, my employers were unaware of this change as well, hence why they hired me. Will my naturalisation application be rejected as I was working without the right to work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will home office reject my application?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Please desist from starting new topics every day when you have an existing topic already!!

general-uk-immigration-forum/urgent-pos ... l#p1907634

Please see the link below on the forum rule about multiple topics.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.