ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on SET M Applciation regarding the annual pay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR004
Newly Registered
India

Application for ILR SET(M) related queries

Post by ILR004 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello Members,
I have few queries related to my ILR set(m) application, I came to the UK in the first week of April 2015 on a dependent visa of a settled person ( my husband was on ILR ( Tier 1 general )). He got citizenship in April 2016. I extended my visa which is valid till end of July 2020.
1)-- can I apply for ILR set(m) in the second week of March 2020 as I will be completing my five years stay in the UK in the first week of April.
2)-- my Indian passport expires in Sept 2020, which gives me a little bit more than six months of validity before the application. Do I need to renew the passport before the application?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for ILR SET(M) related queries

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:30 pm

1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK in a spouse visa.

2. No need to renew.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR004
Newly Registered
India

Application for ILR SET(M) related queries, Coronavirus Lockdown

Post by ILR004 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi,
I was supposed to drop my application in the second week of April but due to the lockdown, I didn't have a chance to take Life in Uk test as on the site says slots open after 30th April.
As of March, the income threshold was met, now my husband is working part-time and going forward I won't be able to meet the income threshold.
Will the Home Office consider the lockdown period? do I have any other options? your suggestions and guidance much appreciated.

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application for ILR SET(M) related queries

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:59 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ILR004
Newly Registered
India

Query on SET M Applciation regarding the annual pay

Post by ILR004 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Hello all,
can you please guide me on how to calculate my annual pay as I am working for an agency with a zero-hour contract, as my working hours are different every week?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query on SET M Applciation regarding the annual pay

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 pm

ILR004 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm
Hello all,
can you please guide me on how to calculate my annual pay as I am working for an agency with a zero-hour contract, as my working hours are different every week?
Total of last 6 months wages /6×12= £££
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR004
Newly Registered
India

Query Regarding appointment booking

Post by ILR004 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello all,
I have received an email to book the appointment, but I waiting for documents from my husband's previous employment which I may get this week hopefully.
My query, I am waiting to upload all the documents first before booking the appointment, is there any time limit to book after receiving the email?

Many Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query Regarding appointment booking

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 pm

ILR004 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm
I waiting for documents from my husband's previous employment which I may get this week hopefully.
As per guidance the documents must be dated until the date of application
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

arjay
United Kingdom

Re: Query Regarding appointment booking

Post by arjay » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:56 pm

ILR004 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm
Hello all,
I have received an email to book the appointment, but I waiting for documents from my husband's previous employment which I may get this week hopefully.
My query, I am waiting to upload all the documents first before booking the appointment, is there any time limit to book after receiving the email?

Many Thanks
As seagul says, the documents must be dated prior to the date you submit the online application.

Also, all documents need to be scanned and uploaded before (or no later than) the date of your biometric appointment.