ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - anyone been refused their application for extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lynn132

FLR - anyone been refused their application for extension?

Post by lynn132 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi all!
I am entering the UK next month under HSMP and in my job search I am being asked about extension of my HSMP visa past the first year. I am wondering if anyone who has applied for FLR after the first year has been denied the extension. I can understand that employers want to know how long you can stay - but I'd like to be able to assure them that FLR would not be a problem as long as I am employed, as the guidance says. I haven't seen anyone on this forum who has been denied FLR (I did a search) but it may be that people denied FLR simply don't post on the forum if that happens. Does anyone know of a situation wehre FLR was denied and waht the circumstances were? Thanks!
Lynn

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:39 pm

I have only read of 1 refusal for FLR-IED. It was about a year or two ago and the reason was that the applicant spent all his time working in Switserland and visited the UK occasionally :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:49 pm

Thanks, Chess!

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:31 am

Hi Lynn,

I think that you are right about some not posting with regards to a failed application. I seem to remember that there was once a member asking if he would get the extension considering that the only job he had been able to land in the UK was that of a Janitor. Now technically he was economically active, but I don't think that we ever received an update.

GT

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:15 pm

Well, to expect FLR under Highly Skilled Migrant Programme for someone who only worked as a janitor would be unreasonable, no?

Nevertheless that must have been a very rare exception. I also have not heard about anyone with a job and HSMP refused FLR.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:37 am

I remember someone reporting to the forum 6 months ago about his successful FLR extension despite not getting a job in his proffesion and continuing to work on temp jobs. He did mention that he sent copies of interview confirmations etc to show that he was trying.

dokwal
BANNED

hsmp renewal

Post by dokwal » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:04 pm

if applicant has claimed spouse points and any how spouse was refused visa on ground of housing and low earnings

will it creat problem to main applicant in his renewal

regards