ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 am

spikky wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 am
Just a happy update!

One week after submitting my biometrics on June 18th, my ILR was granted June 25th yesterday, confirmed via email. Standard application. That was quick!

Cheers,

Spilky
Congratulations, great turnaround

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:23 am

Dear Members,
Anyone has applied on or after 30/04/2020 has got UKVCAS appointment ?

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am

spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

One week after submitting my biometrics on June 18th, my ILR was granted June 25th yesterday, confirmed via email. Standard application. That was quick!

Cheers,

Spilky
That indeed is a happy update. Congratulation! you know what that gives me confidence to submit my application in 'Standard' route, without waiting for Super priority. May be I will just go ahead do that this weekend. Thanks.

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am

spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

Cheers,

Spilky
That indeed is a happy update. Congratulation! you know what that gives me confidence to submit my application in 'Standard' route, without waiting for Super priority. May be I will just go ahead do that this weekend. Thanks.

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:38 am

spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

Cheers,

Spilky

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm

spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

Cheers,

Spilky
Congratulations Spilky, indeed a very happy update. What was the date of your online application submission?

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Congratulations Spilky, indeed a very happy update. What was the date of your online application submission?
Online application submission date was March 22, 2020.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Submitted my application and registered on UKVCAS on 23rd of April and am still waiting for an email invitation to book an appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Update: 26th June 2020

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

Brand new Service points
The dates below indicate when we plan to open our brand-new Service Points in these locations

Service Point Forecast to open during
Bath w/c 3 August
Guildford w/c 13 July
London - Croydon 2 w/c 13 July
Luton w/c 13 July
Maidstone w/c 13 July
Norwich w/c 13 July
Nottingham w/c 13 July
Sunderland w/c 13 July
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We're trying to be as fair as possible, opening up the booking system to more people in phases based on registration dates, starting with the earliest registrations first. We are committed to opening our booking system to as many customers as possible as soon as we can. Once we reach the date you registered, you will receive an email inviting you to book an appointment
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Apologise for a generic post...

Whether any one has received email pls from UKVCAS regarding "booking the appointment". Registered end of April / Early May in UKVCAS..

Thanks

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Griffon123 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:29 am
priasda85 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 pm
I have been waiting to see if priority service is opened again but now my wife's visa is expiring this week.
So looks like I don't have any other choice but to submit and select only available standard service.
Now this looks a scary prospect, don't know how long home office will take to make a decision and we will be stuck in UK for a long time! :cry:
Do they usually take 6 months even for straightforward applications(understand there will be added backlog now)?
No. It takes often 8 weeks
Hi Zimba, when you say 8 weeks, is it from the day you submit the online application or the day you attend the UKVCAS appointment?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Griffon123 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 pm
Zimba wrote:
priasda85 wrote:
I have been waiting to see if priority service is opened again but now my wife's visa is expiring this week.
So looks like I don't have any other choice but to submit and select only available standard service.
Now this looks a scary prospect, don't know how long home office will take to make a decision and we will be stuck in UK for a long time! :cry:
Do they usually take 6 months even for straightforward applications(understand there will be added backlog now)?
Hi Zimba, when you say 8 weeks, is it from the day you submit the online application or the day you attend the UKVCAS appointment?
Appointment day. This is based on pre-lockdown timelines. Please refer to the timeline post :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 pm

UKVCAS - update 26th Jun 2020

“ From June 29th, we’ll be releasing more appointments, adding new sites and opening up the booking system to more customers in phases based on registration dates.”

“ In order to be fair to everyone, we are continuing to open up the booking system in date order starting with people who registered with UKVCAS after the 27th March but did not have an appointment due to the COVID-19 lockdown. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will have received an email from us asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.”

Seems like UKVCAS is catching up fast so some good news.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Dear Members,

I have submitted application on 13.04.2020, however I still not received email from UKVCAS.

As they state below in update today:

"In order to be fair to everyone, we are continuing to open up the booking system in date order starting with people who registered with UKVCAS after the 27th March but did not have an appointment due to the COVID-19 lockdown. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will have received an email from us asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions."

Please advise...

Thank you.

AB

k_arshad
Newly Registered

Post by k_arshad » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 am

spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

Cheers,

Spilky
Congratulations Spiky.. great man... Can you please let me know when you responded to the W & S team to upload the documents. Also the category under which you applied for the ILR. Just trying to extrapolate on the timelines front...

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Griffon123 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:35 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Griffon123 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 pm
Zimba wrote:
priasda85 wrote:
Appointment day. This is based on pre-lockdown timelines. Please refer to the timeline post :!: :!:
Hi Zimba, why do we have a separate timeline thread for Set (LR)? I did have a look at both. I might be wrong, seems like if it's a standard service, Set(LR) takes longer than other routes to receive a decision in normal times. Is that why Set (LR) has its own timeline thread? If not, could you please tell me why? Many thanks. Also apologise if this discussion should be moved elsewhere.

spikky

Post by spikky » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:26 am

k_arshad wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 am
spikky wrote:
Just a happy update!

Cheers,

Spilky
Congratulations Spiky.. great man... Can you please let me know when you responded to the W & S team to upload the documents. Also the category under which you applied for the ILR. Just trying to extrapolate on the timelines front...
I've posted my timeline under Set (O) timelines thread on this forum.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi
I had my biometrics on 23rd June. I had applied using priority service before the lockdown. I contacted the customer service yesterday to get an update and received an email saying that the decision has been made and the email was sent to me on the 24th June itself. I have checked my spam folder and all my emails but can't find anything from the home office so far. Any suggestions on what I should do and where to look?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 pm

No. It's because SET(O) and SET(LR) are separate ILR paths

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Griffon123 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 pm
No. It's because SET(O) and SET(LR) are separate ILR paths
Thanks Zimba, so should I expect longer than 8 weeks to receive a SET(LR) decision in normal times?

twentyninebay
Newly Registered
India

Post by twentyninebay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 pm

From SET(LR) timelines thread its 4 months usually for standard applications.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 pm

nickb wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 pm
Hi
I had my biometrics on 23rd June. I had applied using priority service before the lockdown. I contacted the customer service yesterday to get an update and received an email saying that the decision has been made and the email was sent to me on the 24th June itself. I have checked my spam folder and all my emails but can't find anything from the home office so far. Any suggestions on what I should do and where to look?
Thanks
Any comments/advice on this?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:55 am

You must wait to get your BRP.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:55 am
You must wait to get your BRP.

Does this mean that visa has been granted?