ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR eligibility dates

Post by BKK006 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Hello, I have a query for my friend's ILR eligibility

Background:

My friend's husband got his T2G visa in July 2015 under an umbrella company. Further, he got a permanent job in Oct 2015 with his new employer’s COS. After this visa, my friend switched from T2 ICT to T2G dependant in Feb 2016. T2G/dependant visa now expire in Nov 2020

Note - May not be relevant. Both have been in UK together since 2011 (both in Tier 2 ICT before my friend's husband switched to T2G in 2015)

Eligibiility Questions:

1) Can my friend's husband apply for ILR in July 2020 or should he wait till Oct 2020 ?

2) Could my friend (T2G dependant) apply for ILR along with her husband’s application in July 2020 or Oct 2020?

3) If my friend cannot apply for ILR along with her husband - what visa should she apply in Nov 2020 when her visa expires? ILR dependant or T2G dependant extension until she is eligible for ILR herself

Thank you very much in advance for all the help from the forumites :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR eligibility dates

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm

My friend's husband got his T2G visa in July 2015 under an umbrella company.
This is not permitted on Tier 2 General and if he contracted, it would be a breach of his visa conditions. Did he pay for a CoS? Did he have to find his own contract jobs? Did he have to pay a % of his earnings to the umbrella company?
1) Can my friend's husband apply for ILR in July 2020 or should he wait till Oct 2020 ?
I would wait till October.
2) Could my friend (T2G dependant) apply for ILR along with her husband’s application in July 2020 or Oct 2020?

No. A Tier 2 dependent needs 5 years residence as a Tier 2 dependent before they can apply for ILR, therefore only in 2021.
3) If my friend cannot apply for ILR along with her husband - what visa should she apply in Nov 2020 when her visa expires? ILR dependant or T2G dependant extension until she is eligible for ILR herself
Tier 2 Dependent extension, which will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR eligibility dates

Post by BKK006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Thank you for the replies CR001

Sorry for the duplicate posts. There was an error every time I posted so didn't know that these were getting duplicated. Apologies. Happy for you to remove the other posts. I tried deleting them but unfortunately couldn't.