ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2005 - new fees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brummel
Newly Registered

April 2005 - new fees

Post by brummel » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:28 am

Hi, I posted my nationality application on 21st March. I have special delviery proof. I filled out the credit card payment slip for £218 (old fee).

they in the IND just got to logging in my application to their system.
it is April
they did charge me £268 irrespective when the application was postmarked

what do I do?
I'd like my £50 back, as it is unfair to charge me a new fee as my application was postmarked before the new fees were in effect.

desperado

Post by desperado » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:39 pm

When did you get the acknowledgement?
And what is date of acknowledgement letter?

If I were you I would be happy that my application is under progress and won't bother communicating for £50 because based upon my friends experience, I have been told asking many queries only delays the application. Maybe that's me (Me being Paranoid and pessimistic).

When you sent your application did you send a self addressed special delivery envelope? Just wanted to know out of curiosity?

brummel
Newly Registered

Post by brummel » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:09 pm

No I didn't include an envelope. I didn't even get an acknowledgement, but saw on my bank statement that my credit card was charged.

I guess, I could take it up with them after they process the application.
Wonder if there is a process to get things like fee refunds resolved.

desperado

Post by desperado » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:26 pm

Did you send your application by special delivery?

Did you track your special delivery on the royalmail website?

It is likely home office might have received your application after 1st april due to delays. The acknowledgement letter date may give you some idea and help your claim.

But the good news for you is your application is being processed as deduction of fees from your credit card proves it :)

brummel
Newly Registered

Post by brummel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:49 am

>Did you send your application by special delivery?
Yes

>Did you track your special delivery on the royalmail website?
Yes

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:56 am

Brummel, given that you can prove when you posted the application, and indeed using Track & Trace you can prove when they received it, clearly the old fee level should apply.

If I were you I would print out the Track & Trace and after you have received the acknowledgement letter, complete with its reference number as allocated by IND, write to them politely pointing out their mistake and asking for your £50 back.
John