ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Separation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

strada

ILR and Separation

Post by strada » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:35 am

Hi Moderators,

This forum has been helpful over the years regarding my immigration journey. I have a few questions for clarification:

Due to refusal of my ILR application ( Tier 1 General) in 2016, I switched to Spousal visa (British Wife).In all I will be completing my 10 years legal residency in December 2020.

But the family situation is bad at the moment as my Wife has asked me to move out of the home and it's looking like the separation will lead to divorce.

I am just not clear on the implication if I leave the family home on my ILR application. I also have 2 British kids.

Thank you.

Strada

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and Separation

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:13 pm

You cannot get ILR under SET(M) if you separate. You long residence is also will be refused as you had a Tier 1G refusal (due to tax/income amendments) meaning time spent as Tier 1G visa was not lawful.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

strada

Post by strada » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi Zimba,

I am not applying for ILR under set(M). I'm applying under the 10 year lawful residency.

My initial ILR application was refused due to tax issues under paragraph 245C and not 322(5)

When I took the refusal letter to see a solicitor he said that it shouldn't have an impact on future application.

I will appreciate if you can clarify this.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm

strada wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm
Hi Zimba,

I am not applying for ILR under set(M). I'm applying under the 10 year lawful residency.

My initial ILR application was refused due to tax issues under paragraph 245C and not 322(5)

When I took the refusal letter to see a solicitor he said that it shouldn't have an impact on future application.

Thank you.
Flamboyantly, almost for all solicitor every work is possible. Apart of the tax issue, your visa will be curtailed because sponsor will report to UKVI for the breakdown of relationship which will make your case more quandary.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

strada

Post by strada » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm

I also have 2 British kids. Wont that be take into account?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:11 pm

strada wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm
I also have 2 British kids. Wont that be take into account?
In case of having british kids you might get FLRFP.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

strada

Post by strada » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Thank you. I will see what I can do to resolve amicably

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:21 pm

strada wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm
Hi Zimba,

Thank you.
You cannot get ILR under long residence as explained above as time spent under Tier 1G was not lawful.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice