ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Annual Leave and Work from Offshore

Post by nddinar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Dear Members,
I'm currently on Tier 2 General Visa and I'm eligible for ILR on June 2020.

I came across Annual leave letter which has to be submitted for ILR application processing and I have few queries and I'm sure this is the correct forum to get the correct answer.

I got my Tier 2 Visa on June 2015.

During June 2015- June 2017 I have went back to offshore and worked from offshore for 20 days (Not On annual Leave) and also I have visited India on annual leave. Do I need to specifically get letter from employer that I have worked from offshore during these periods?

During June 2017 - June 2018 I have went to India and worked from offshore for 15 days(Not on Annual Leave)

Will this impact my ILR?

All your help is much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Annual Leave and Work from Offshore

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm

India is not offshore, that is outside the UK :!: Offshore has a specific meaning under the rules.
Any time spent working offshore on the UK continental shelf, beyond the 12 mile zone defined as UK territorial waters, does not count toward the continuous qualifying period for ILR, for example on ships or oil rigs. You must count this as an absence from the UK.
So if that is the case, the letter must mention this period.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Eligible for ILR - Can i submit the application or wait??

Post by nddinar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:41 am

Dear Experts,

Hope all well.

I'm currently eligible for ILR and my Tier-2 Visa is valid until June 2021.
Due to current situations we are all aware that the priority services are closed and we are eligible to apply only via normal route.

Please advise if i go a head and apply for ILR on standard route or can i wait for 1 or 2 more months to see how the situation changes so that i can apply for priority services if they open.

Will there be any changes coming up on bio-metric process as i can see many posts stating that they are receiving Emails to submit the documents.

Thanks all in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligible for ILR - Can i submit the application or wait??

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:53 am

You can apply at anytime when you are within 28 days of the 5th anniversary date of your initial visa issue date OR at any time before your visa expires.

Due to the current backlog, particularly for biometrics enrollment, it is likely that Priority and Super Priority will be suspended for longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Post by nddinar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 am

Yeah that's the worry i have. If they are not going to bring back priority services instead of waiting i can apply.

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

I am in the same boat. I want to use the super priority service to apply ILR once the visa centers reopen.
Do you mean the super priority service will be suspended even after the visa centers have reopened?

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Biometric Documents

Post by nddinar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am

Hi,
I have a question for the ones who completed Bio-metrics. I do not have hard copy of my absence letter as my employeer has provided signed soft copy due to offices are closed.

Do they ask me to provide any hard copy during biometrics? I have only soft copy of the documents whcih i have already uploaded in to UKVAS.

Thanks for your valuable help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am

Topics merged!! You were specifically asked to continue in your existing topic, unclear why a new topic was then started.

You do not need to take every single original to the appointment. NO originals are sent to UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Re: Biometric Documents

Post by nddinar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:08 am

Thank You.

sorry my bad for posting it a new one.