ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:28 am

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 pm
shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Tomorrow is saturday, i doubt anything will happen. It looks like they dont work in the order they said they would! Very disappointing :( They can’t send an email to somebody who applied in may before somebody who applied in april. I have no email to book an appointment either so feel like they just totally ignored my application :(
You are over thinking. UKVI emails are received on Saturday plus even on a Sunday.
just to add....i think i have provided home office ref no for previous application... which helped them to access my history of application...
I provided them references for ALL my previous tier 2 applications and ILR but looks like this didnt help. They just totally ignored me. I know of two more people whp had email today but they applied in May so after me
Well this definitely seems unfair. I applied 4th May and havent got any email...I gave my biometrics as part of my ILR (Tier 2 5yr) last year May.

Totally unfair if it is indeed 27th MAY and not MARCH...

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:34 am

shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:12 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:04 pm
shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:29 pm
hi all
i applied on 27th may 2020...today they emailed me..
sharing with you all ..... bellow

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.
Please can you let us know what is your route and when did you submit your biometrics last time? Thanks

10years long residency ILR then 4.5 years ILR ..last time my biometric given for ILR application on dec 2015..

BTW: what visa did you apply for?

The email text you copied here clearly says... IF LEAVE IS GRANTED, UKVI WILL PRODUCE NEW BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT (BRP) ...

For naturalization applications, you do not get a BRP... Please clarify...

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 am

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:34 am
shyamal017 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
shyamal017 wrote:
hi all

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.
Please can you let us know what is your route and when did you submit your biometrics last time? Thanks

10years long residency ILR then 4.5 years ILR ..last time my biometric given for ILR application on dec 2015..

BTW: what visa did you apply for?

The email text you copied here clearly says... IF LEAVE IS GRANTED, UKVI WILL PRODUCE NEW BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT (BRP) ...

For naturalization applications, you do not get a BRP... Please clarify...
i think this email format is for everyone..Not only for naturalisation...Main part was bold mentioned..
my main concern is about uploading document as i wanted to use document check and scanning service from UKVCAS...

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:27 am

skasyap wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 pm

I know one person who applied for naturalisation and had an email today saying that she doesnt need to go for biometrics as she had hers done for ILR previously. So this definitely applies to naturalisation as well
Which date that person applied?
5th april

I applied on the 15th and still no email at all

Somebody here applied on the 27th May and already had an email. I think this is very unfair. Will have to call them on Monday
I applied on 21st of May and also have not received any email so again not sure how they are deciding about this to be honest. Apart from that I never received an acknowledgement email but only payment confirmation email.

Not sure how long we will have to wait.
Finally I have received an email as well and I applied for naturalisation on 21st of May. As usual it went into JUNK Folder.
Thank god atleast I won’t have to pay that nonsense amount for fingerprints 🤣🤣

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 am

shyamal017 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
shyamal017 wrote:
hi all

That is very useful, Thanks.

My wife though applied 25 May and have not received any e-mail yet. Last time she submitted her Biometric was in May 2019!

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 am

rozearo wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 am
shyamal017 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
shyamal017 wrote:
hi all

My wife though applied 25 May and have not received any e-mail yet. Last time she submitted her Biometric was in May 2019!
Beleive it or not,
My wife just received the email on Saturday!
Here it is: UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Same format as above :)

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:42 am

rozearo wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 am
rozearo wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 am
shyamal017 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Beleive it or not,
My wife just received the email on Saturday!
Here it is: UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Same format as above :)
I have finally received it too!! Panic over :D

grosvenorave
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grosvenorave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am

Some of you guys are overreacting. I got this email too (applied on April 27th), it doesn’t let you book an appointment. It is just for information. You don’t need to worry at all until UKVCAS start requesting photos to complete and submit the application - which they said they will in the next few weeks.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 am

grosvenorave wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am
Some of you guys are overreacting. I got this email too (applied on April 27th), it doesn’t let you book an appointment. It is just for information. You don’t need to worry at all until UKVCAS start requesting photos to complete and submit the application - which they said they will in the next few weeks.
We are not overreacting. It is good for 4 reasons:
1- The communication was received shortly after UKVI update. This indicate that system is working and efficient.
2- It will save you paying for an appointment.
3- It indirectly indicates that HO are processing the online application without the biometric.
4- Most importantly, it will save you time. I understand that they have not send further information yet. However, If you have to wait for your turn to receive an invitation from UKVCAS. Then try to find an appointment slot, this basically mean waiting for 4-6 weeks if you are lucky! The new system in my opinion (just guessing) should be working in 2-3 weeks.

That is why we are happy. Let us be fair on mentioning good steps from UKVI. That decision is definitely in applicants best interest.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am

If this helps anyone, I have applied for naturalisation on 27th March via Tier 2 + ILR route. Received an email from UKVCAS today stating that I am eligible for biometrics reuse.

Not sure if I still got to take an appointment to officially confirm/submit my documents. I hope not. Either way its relieving to hear this update from them after waiting for so long.

grosvenorave
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grosvenorave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:07 am

rozearo wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 am
grosvenorave wrote:
1- The communication was received shortly after UKVI update. This indicate that system is working and efficient.
3- It indirectly indicates that HO are processing the online application without the biometric.
4- Most importantly, it will save you time. I understand that they have not send further information yet. However, If you have to wait for your turn to receive an invitation from UKVCAS. Then try to find an appointment slot, this basically mean waiting for 4-6 weeks if you are lucky! The new system in my opinion (just guessing) should be working in 2-3 weeks.

That is why we are happy. Let us be fair on mentioning good steps from UKVI. That decision is definitely in applicants best interest.
You obviously didn’t read “i didn’t receive this email, they forgot about me, I need to call them, this is unfair” posts before posting this.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:20 am

grosvenorave wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:07 am
rozearo wrote:
grosvenorave wrote:

You obviously didn’t read “i didn’t receive this email, they forgot about me, I need to call them, this is unfair” posts before posting this.
For a lot of people immigration topic is very sensitive and it does stress people out a lot! And nobody likes to be treated unfairly so i think there is no need for your comments like this to be honest!

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:21 am

grosvenorave wrote:
rozearo wrote:
grosvenorave wrote:

Please stop throwing assumption and accusing others. You draw a conclusion from the air that people are overreacting and now you assume that people don't read others posts. Try NOT to prejudge people.

We using this forum to share our experience and assure each other. I understand that few will be frustrated because the are awaiting decisions/actions, but this doesn't mean to stop sharing good news.

Be positive and express your opinion only.
Stop judging and attacking people!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:50 am

rozearo wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:21 am
grosvenorave wrote:
rozearo wrote:
grosvenorave wrote:

Please stop throwing assumption and accusing others. You draw a conclusion from the air that people are overreacting and now you assume that people don't read others posts. Try NOT to prejudge people.

We using this forum to share our experience and assure each other. I understand that few will be frustrated because the are awaiting decisions/actions, but this doesn't mean to stop sharing good news.

Be positive and express your opinion only.
Stop judging and attacking people!
@rozearo I absolutely agree with you and all of your four points are valid. For an e.g I have seen someone post, that they paid £220 for bio metric. Not that it’s a person fault but it is absolutely insane. Anyway, Thanks a lot !

@grosvenorave every individual is different and the way they think. Sorry but before being judgemental you need to put yourself in other shoes !!

grosvenorave
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grosvenorave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:48 pm

I’m sorry for “throwing assumptions” - all I said was there’s no need to worry at this stage but if you want to worry by all means, don’t let reason stop you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Looking at the info shared above, seems like UKVI has sent emails to all eligible existing applicants up till end of May. Maybe June applicants will follow now soon. This would significantly take pressure off UKVCAS to meet the demand but hope so the next step for facial image by UKVI is launched soon also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi all,
Will appreciate any feedback. I have applied for naturalization on 9th June 2020 and got the acknowledgement too. My case is tier 2+ ILR . I have done my biometric last year for ILR and two years before for Visa extension. Do you think I will also be eligible for fresh biometric exemption? My wife and daughter will also apply on 6th July 2020[ They couldn't apply with as five year before they were in India till 5th July. Their case is the same dependent tier 2 + ILR . Will they too will be exempted for fresh Biometric. Thanks

Uma

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:55 pm

I applied in beginning May. I don’t have any existing biometrics, but I’ve received an email today saying
they will contact me on the 13th to book an appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:10 pm

udutt wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 pm
Hi all,
Will appreciate any feedback. I have applied for naturalization on 9th June 2020 and got the acknowledgement too. My case is tier 2+ ILR . I have done my biometric last year for ILR and two years before for Visa extension. Do you think I will also be eligible for fresh biometric exemption? My wife and daughter will also apply on 6th July 2020[ They couldn't apply with as five year before they were in India till 5th July. Their case is the same dependent tier 2 + ILR . Will they too will be exempted for fresh Biometric. Thanks

Uma
For now, it is not clear about the UKVI’s eligibility criteria. However, you will know in due course. You have to wait and see.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:55 pm
I applied in beginning May. I don’t have any existing biometrics, but I’ve received an email today saying
they will contact me on the 13th to book an appointment.
Seems like next phase will start on 13th July then for applicants between 1st May - 31st May.

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:21 pm

udutt wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 pm
Hi all,

Uma
Your history is similar to mine. I applied 4th May for naturalization based on Tier 2 + ILR (I got ILR last year May). I received email today saying we do not need fresh biometrics

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Has anyone heard anything after getting bio-metric reuse email ??

praveenjingade
Newly Registered
India

Post by praveenjingade » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi, apologies is this is repost, what happens after you get confirmation that Biometric could be reused. Does it go on further to approval of your application of Naturalization and you will be sent the ceremony letter. Looking for a feedback from anybody who has received an update after your application.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:57 pm

praveenjingade wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 pm
Hi, apologies is this is repost, what happens after you get confirmation that Biometric could be reused. Does it go on further to approval of your application of Naturalization and you will be sent the ceremony letter. Looking for a feedback from anybody who has received an update after your application.

Thanks,
The reuse of biometric information was only announced a couple of days ago. No one can yet tell you what the outcome was as it is too early.

Citizenship applications can take up to 6 months.

No certificates have been sent to councils to arrange ceremonies since mid March so there is a delay for ceremonies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:14 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am
Has anyone heard anything after getting bio-metric reuse email ??
The email says instructions will be sent within a few weeks (we all hope that as soon as possible) :o