ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting started question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting started question

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:02 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:49 pm
Do the reefer also need to sign at the back of our photographs?
No. You need to write your name and DOB on the back. This is in case originals are asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:11 pm

thanks a lot for your prompt replies, appreciate it

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 am

Questions on Documents.

1. Do I need to submit my old passport (Of my country of origin) that was used for 1st entry to UK, I got it renewed in UK after my 1st entry.

2. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions -- I assume its ILR BRP card, but the next one sounds similar hence the confusion.

3. Current Biometric Residence Permit -- Isn't this same as 2?

4. Proof of living in the UK for 5 years -- Is passport enough? or do I need P60 etc?

5. Do I need any cover letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:01 am

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 am
Questions on Documents.

1. Do I need to submit my old passport (Of my country of origin) that was used for 1st entry to UK, I got it renewed in UK after my 1st entry.

2. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions -- I assume its ILR BRP card, but the next one sounds similar hence the confusion.

3. Current Biometric Residence Permit -- Isn't this same as 2?

4. Proof of living in the UK for 5 years -- Is passport enough? or do I need P60 etc?

5. Do I need any cover letter?
1. Both passports should be fine yes.

2. Brp yes.

3. Same as 2.

4. Already answered when you started this topic if you read the previous responses again. Passport(s) only.

5. No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:14 am

thanks again CR001.

On 4, I wanted to re-confirm as everyone seems to be uploading P60s and there is section
SECTION 10: Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
on https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-20.pdf

but it did not show in my application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:22 am

This is for EU nationals who don't get stamps in their passports. Your passport is sufficient as advised by CR001.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:26 am

ah , I get it .. thanks

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 am

Hi,

Do I need to upload all the documents during the submission of the online form for naturalization or is it after the form is submitted I will have a few days to upload them?
I ask if I am not sure I should wait to submit the application till I have a soft copy of all my documents.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:00 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:22 am
This is for EU nationals who don't get stamps in their passports. Your passport is sufficient as advised by CR001.
1-Some of non eu citizens I’m one of them when we enter or leave the UK we don’t get stamps on our passports at UK border .
2- if we are going to Arab countries like Egypt they stamp us with Arabic letters and some times the stamps it self very hard(( impossible)) to see it not fully inked (( Arabic stamp )). even It makes it impossible for people who understand Arabic to read it , how about The Home Office how can this passport be enough?
3- I’m a non eu citizen I used p60 as proof of my living in the UK for 5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:00 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:22 am
1-Some of non eu citizens I’m one of them when we enter or leave the UK we don’t get stamps on our passports at UK border .
2- if we are going to Arab countries like Egypt they stamp us with Arabic letters and some times the stamps it self very hard(( impossible)) to see it not fully inked (( Arabic stamp )). even It makes it impossible for people who understand Arabic to read it , how about The Home Office how can this passport be enough?
3- I’m a non eu citizen I used p60 as proof of my living in the UK for 5 years.
Non EU citizens who got ILR through a UK Immigration route (NOT the EU rules or ROR etc) only need to provide their passports. Your circumstances are not the same as you were on the EU route and were required to submit proof of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 am

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 am
Hi,

Do I need to upload all the documents during the submission of the online form for naturalization or is it after the form is submitted I will have a few days to upload them?
I ask if I am not sure I should wait to submit the application till I have a soft copy of all my documents.
Hi CR001, any thoughts on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 am
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 am
Hi,

Hi CR001, any thoughts on this.
You can only upload the documents AFTER you have submitted and paid online. You will be directed to the UKCVAS Sopra Steria website to do this. You must upload all your documents before you biometrics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 am

thanks CR001, before biometrics appointment !! in that case I have a lot of time since the appointments aren't yet open for new applicants.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

Are we required to upload same documents multiple times under different categories?
e.g Proof of identity is a passport and so is proof for residence in the UK. so should I upload the passport twice in these two categories?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:22 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:11 pm
Hi,

Are we required to upload same documents multiple times under different categories?
e.g Proof of identity is a passport and so is proof for residence in the UK. so should I upload the passport twice in these two categories?
No. Passport has to be uploaded in the “proof of application” and none of the above. Thats it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:24 pm

thanks CULLINAN

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi,

Question on upload categories.

My Checklist aksed for the following documents and I have mentioned the category I have uploaded them, can someone please confirm if its the right category for each one of them?

1. Proof of living in the UK for Mr XXXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen
--Old and New Passport under Mandatory -- Proof of Application.

2. proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
-- ILR BRP Card under Residence in the UK

3. prove the level of English language required
-- NARIC English Language Certificate -- Under Educational.

4. NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
-- NARIC Degree Comparison Certificate and Degree Certificate under Education.

5. Current Biometric Residence Permit
-- Its already uploaded under the proof of freedom under REsidence in the UK section.

-- 6. I also uploaded p60s under Finances, is this correct?

-- QUESTION 1 :- Under which category do I upload the two referee declarations forms?

-- QUESTION 2 :- Do I need to tick the checklist and upload it too?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:45 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi,

Question on upload categories.

My Checklist aksed for the following documents and I have mentioned the category I have uploaded them, can someone please confirm if its the right category for each one of them?

1. Proof of living in the UK for Mr XXXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen
--Old and New Passport under Mandatory -- Proof of Application.

2. proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
-- ILR BRP Card under Residence in the UK

3. prove the level of English language required
-- NARIC English Language Certificate -- Under Educational.

4. NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
-- NARIC Degree Comparison Certificate and Degree Certificate under Education.

5. Current Biometric Residence Permit
-- Its already uploaded under the proof of freedom under REsidence in the UK section.

-- 6. I also uploaded p60s under Finances, is this correct?

-- QUESTION 1 :- Under which category do I upload the two referee declarations forms?

-- QUESTION 2 :- Do I need to tick the checklist and upload it too?
All seems fine.

1) “Other”
2) No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Thanks mate,

For my 2nd applicant (my wife) the requirement is bit different not sure why.
Like under mandatory it says "Proof of identity/Travel history" for me it was "Proof of Application"
-- Uploaded her passport and ILR BRP CARD here.

Following sections are under optional

2. Residence in UK -- Again Passport and BRP?

3. Finances -- She is working only since 2018 so uploaded 2 P60s

4. Education -- its same as mine (NARIC AND DEGREE)

5. Proof of Application -- Should we leave this empty or upload the passport again? I hope it doesn't need the application form?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:58 pm
Thanks mate,

For my 2nd applicant (my wife) the requirement is bit different not sure why.
Like under mandatory it says "Proof of identity/Travel history" for me it was "Proof of Application"
-- Uploaded her passport and ILR BRP CARD here.

Following sections are under optional

2. Residence in UK -- Again Passport and BRP?

3. Finances -- She is working only since 2018 so uploaded 2 P60s

4. Education -- its same as mine (NARIC AND DEGREE)

5. Proof of Application -- Should we leave this empty or upload the passport again? I hope it doesn't need the application form?
Passport should go under “proof of application” or proof of identity.

Ideally I would upload passport under proof of application and ILR under proof of identity. If there is no proof of application category upload both passport and ILR under proof of identity.

It really does not matter where you upload. Make sure you upload all documents in the category you think fits best only once.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:27 pm

okay thanks, will remove the passport from proof of identity and move it to proof of application.
Do you know why the structure is different for two different applicants even though it individual application and no concept of dependency?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:29 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:27 pm
okay thanks, will remove the passport from proof of identity and move it to proof of application.
Do you know why the structure is different for two different applicants even though it individual application and no concept of dependency?
Did you add your wife in the same application? I mean the online form lets you add family members in the same account.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 pm

yes I did, but I don't think it asked for a relationship with 2nd applicant, I think it only asked for the reason why I am filling this form for them and options where
a) Because they cannot fill it themself due to illeness etc,
b) Other.
I chose b

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:34 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 pm
yes I did, but I don't think it asked for a relationship with 2nd applicant, I think it only asked for the reason why I am filling this form for them and options where
a) Because they cannot fill it themself due to illeness etc,
b) Other.
I chose b
When you add an applicant (family member) it does ask the relationship: spouse, child etc. The question you quoted are when the online form starts.

Replying to your last question: My wife applied for naturalisation along with her parents and siblings all together. Her father was the main account holder so he got the structure like your’s and my wife and all others got the structure like your wife did. But it does not matter as long as you upload all documents but yea the structure is different yes.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 pm

okay perfect, thanks CULLINAN