ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents checklist question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

James1859
United Kingdom

Supporting documents checklist question

Post by James1859 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:30 am

Hello everyone

We have just received an email from UKVCAS saying that an appointment in person is not necessary because not long ago my wife went in for her ILR and gave fingerprints/biometrics.

So I have proceeded to download the checklist and in there I see two things that are not clear to me.
  • If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive
    sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy
  • Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should
    be evidence that you were
What does a "self-sufficient person" mean exactly? Also, the evidence we have that she has been in the UK lawfully are her previous ILR, and Spouse Leave to Remain and letters from the home office around the time of the applications and then just general bills in her name.

Will that suffice for the 2nd point?

The 1st point, I have no idea what they are asking :(

I'd appreciate some clarification. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting documents checklist question

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:45 am

• If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive
    sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy
Not required in your circumstances as she followed the UK immigration spouse visa and ilr route and not the EEA EU rules route.
[*]Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should
be evidence that you were
[/list]
Passports only.
What does a "self-sufficient person" mean exactly?

Not relevant to her or you.
Also, the evidence we have that she has been in the UK lawfully are her previous ILR, and Spouse Leave to Remain and letters from the home office around the time of the applications and then just general bills in her name.

Will that suffice for the 2nd point?
Only passports. You do not need any other documents.
The 1st point, I have no idea what they are asking :(
The checklist is generic. Hopefully you did NOT tick the family member of an EU citizen question as yes. This would not be correct or relevant to her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Most likely OP selected “yes” to the EU member question in error, otherwise this checklist would not be generated.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:05 pm

the family member of an EU citizen question as yes
The application is for my wife. Why wouldn't I answer Yes to the above? She is the family member of an EU citizen? That EU citizen is me :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:16 pm

The question relates to an EU (non British) citizen whose family member followed the EEA EU rules route and not the UK immigration rules spouse visa route. If you are only British, the question is not relevant to her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks, if the question had made it clear that it meant EU (non-british) that I doubt that I would have ticked yes.

But if it just said EU, then am I really at fault? :(

I just had a look at my completed, submitted application. You mean this question, correct?

As you can see, it doesn't say non-british :( but what is done is done, will it be used against us?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

Did you read the form AN guide, as this explains it (page 14). The question is specifically for those who followed the EEA/EU rules, EU citizens and their family members. A British citizen living in the UK is not considered an EU citizen for the purpose of UKVI applications, you are only considered British as you are living in the country of which you are a citizen, same as a German citizen living in Germany, would only be considered German, not EU or EEA rule for immigration purposes.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-20.pdf

Unlikely to have any effect on your application though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:09 am

Thank you CR001. I did read the AN Guide, but evidently I didn't read it well enough :(

I shall continue uploading what I can. I do find it strange that you said we only need to upload the passport for:
Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period
I would have thought we'd need to provide bills, letters ...etc to cover the 5 year period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 am

James1859 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:09 am
Thank you CR001. I did read the AN Guide, but evidently I didn't read it well enough :(

I shall continue uploading what I can. I do find it strange that you said we only need to upload the passport for:
Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period
I would have thought we'd need to provide bills, letters ...etc to cover the 5 year period.
You are not making an immigration application where loads of evidence is required. Nationality falls under different Laws than immigration rules.

She simply needs LIUK, English B1 (if applicable), passports, marriage cert, your bio page of passport. That's it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:30 pm

I see! thank you. I shall start uploading the documents now.

I'll keep you all updated. :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm

James1859 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:30 pm
I see! thank you. I shall start uploading the documents now.

I'll keep you all updated. :)
You can clarify the same error in the cover letter and upload along with the documents you upload.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Thanks, that's a good idea. I shall do that.

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Guys, one more thing. None of the upload sections are dedicated to the referees.

Am I OK to upload the completed referees forms to the Other section?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 pm

James1859 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:27 pm
Guys, one more thing. None of the upload sections are dedicated to the referees.

Am I OK to upload the completed referees forms to the Other section?
Yes, 'Other' is fine.

The upload categories/checklist are generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Great, all is uploaded now.

Not sure what happens next, I assume we just wait now. The email had this:
We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:10 am

Hello everyone

Yesterday we got the email about the UKVCAS IDV app, we downloaded it on wife's Pixel 2 (Android phone).

When we logged in, we noticed that all the documents we had uploaded on the UKVACS website were present which was a nice surprise, I thought I might have to re-upload all documents to the app too.

Anyways, on the ID Verification tab (bottom right), we did the selfie and the liveness check.

But another section there is asking us to photograph the wife's travel document! The problem is, she does not have a travel document! She only has her original country's passport (Syria) and her ILR BPR.

What should we do here?

Any help would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:27 am

Scan the Syrian passport.

A passport is a travel document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

James1859
United Kingdom

Post by James1859 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you, I thought there was a distinction!

I'll do that now. Many thanks.