ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending ILR + New Job Offer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxmania90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Pending ILR + New Job Offer

Post by maxmania90 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi there,

I would like some advice regarding my current situation whereby I have an ILR application ongoing with the Home Office, and a new job offer I would like to accept...

Situation:
- I am currently on a Tier 2 sponsored by CompanyA.
- I would be on a Tier 2 for 6 years, this coming September.
- ILR applied on 14th May 2020. Now awaiting biometric appointment.
- I have a new job offer with CompanyB, which I want to accept, given that CompanyA is not really stable during these uncertain Covid times.

Questions:
- Should I wait for ILR, given I don't really know how long it would take to be approved, and CompanyB might rescind the offer if they are forced to wait too long?
- Is there enough time for CompanyB to re-apply for a new Tier2 (sponsored by CompanyB), then reapply for ILR before September (when I would be on Tier2 for 6 years?)
- How long does ILR take to process, once the biometric appointment has been done? I have just gone with the 'normal' application, as there were no Premium services available during Covid.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pending ILR + New Job Offer

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Before getting ILR you cannot start working for anyone other than your sponsor employer with whom your tier 2 visa is chained up unless you reapply a new tier 2 visa with new employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.