ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IrobotZ
China

citizenship invitation letter

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:53 pm

Dear All

I have just got info from UKVI saying that my application for UK citizenship got approved but they will not send out invitation letters until further notice due to the virus, However I have checked my local councils website and found that my council is currently organising private ceremonies, Is it possible to ask the UKVI to send out my invitation letter earlier? If its possible, which email or phone number should I contact the UKVI with?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

BoyTed
Somalia

Re: citizenship invitation letter

Post by BoyTed » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:06 am

Hi,
I think the Home Office are not sending certificate to council they are only conducting the one before the lockdown

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 am

BoyTed wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:06 am
Hi,
I think the Home Office are not sending certificate to council they are only conducting the one before the lockdown
Thanks for the info, guess I will have to wait if there is no way of getting a invitation letter sooner.

Wahidwadid
United Kingdom

Post by Wahidwadid » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi there, Please can somebody tell me that,I got approved citizenship application in may 2020,My application was in March before lockdown, I contacted my mcr council today and they said HO not resume to produce certificate yet, They will start in next few weeks, I am still waiting to get my invitation letter from HO,Has anyone receive an invitation after lockdown and anyone in my path.let me know please.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:06 pm

Wahidwadid wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:03 pm
Hi there, Please can somebody tell me that,I got approved citizenship application in may 2020,My application was in March before lockdown, I contacted my mcr council today and they said HO not resume to produce certificate yet, They will start in next few weeks, I am still waiting to get my invitation letter from HO,Has anyone receive an invitation after lockdown and anyone in my path.let me know please.
Follow this:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 99323.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.