ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i need some help what should i do

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agiandee
Newly Registered

i need some help what should i do

Post by agiandee » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:02 pm

hi everyone, my application was turned down and my case worker said i did not submit enough evidence about my income,educational back ground and work experience.but in all honesty i have all those cretaria they want may be i did not package the application the way most people that got there's in this froum.my case worker said i could appeal within 28 days,what way does anyone think i can convince my case woker about my documents and me getting the hsmp visa.

pls this is urgent someone out there should help me out.

thanks

david

bani

Post by bani » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:07 am

please enumerate the documents you sent in each criteria that was refused. maybe we can advise if something is lacking. can you also copy the caseworker's exact words on why your application was refused?

agiandee
Newly Registered

Post by agiandee » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:59 pm

First of all i sent my statement of result for prof that i have completed a Bsc degree which is what every university in nigeria gives every individual when u graduate and then the main certificate come out after 4 years, and i graduated in 2001.so i was scored nothing for that section.

secondly i had worked in three different organisation which i submited references for and they all stated my job description and i started working after i graduated.so my case worker said they did not state that it was a graduate level work i was doing.the last company i was working with is a computer firm and am one of their technical staff i have worked there for 2 years so how come they think that kind of position will not be a graduate level work which company wil do that.i was awarded nothing for that too.

thirdly my income, the case worker said i did not show prof of me paying tax on my income in the places i worked and where i was working at present.i gave them my pay slip fro 1 year and also letter from the accounts to back it up which they said two forms of evidence could be ssupplied .no company gives you tax clearence except u have worked there for three years on my pay slip it show that i pay almost 7 percent tax on my monthly salary.i was also not awarded points for that.

i did not even think i would need points for achievement in my chossen field so i did not submit any document on that section but they still scored me nothing on that section.

so what i would really appreciate is if anyone could tell me how i can at least appeal so i could get the hsmp visa,and also in what way i could convince my case worker that all the documents i sent to him i deserved points for it. every country differs and all have different systems and my case is one of them.

thank you all.

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:32 pm

I think you will find this thread useful http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3576
do some more leg work on the forum. And if you claimed to have graduated in 2001, that is not exactly 4 years experience as at date. 2005 is just 3 months + old and for u to be considered to have full 4 yrs experience in my opinion, your graduation should be pre 2001. Tax clearance is still what i consider your best proof of income in any case.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

bani

Post by bani » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm

1 - Education - It would help if you sent in NARIC certification. You can send your qualifications to NARIC and they will decide whether your BSc is equivalent to a UK BSC. Also, did you send in your diploma and/or an official transcript?

2 - Work Experience - The reference letters have to state clearly that the job requires a graduate degree and the job description detailed enough to support this claim. It's not enough that you took up these positions after graduation.

3 - Income - Based on previous posts on this board, it is rare that people get awarded these points without providing a tax return. If you can get a letter from your office stating that these can't be provided for you, but they confirm what your salary is, it could help. Find as many documents stating your salary as you can, don't just rely on two forms.

I suggest instead of a review, you go by paid appeal and send in additional documents. There are so many threads on this board that would be helpful if you search by topic (work experience, income, education). And do go to that link provided above, it is full of good advice! Good luck!

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:00 am

I am not very sure if home office consider anything less than a degree as a proof of education. IMHO - I suggest if you have not recieved your degree then you'll have to get a letter for the same from your university.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity