ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization/citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elvie
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Elvie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:28 pm

Hello there,
I'm in a bit of panic, and I was wondering if anyone here can help ( this forum totally saved me while I was trying to figure out how to apply for citizenship ).
I've submitted my online naturalization application on the 4th of February, and had my appointment on the 2nd of March (I'm a EU citizen with both settled status and permanent residency card ). I'm still waiting for any sign from the home office - I totally understand that coronavirus slowed things down a bit, but I was wondering: how do people get notified if their application was successful? Do you get an email (I'm terrified of missing it!)? On the govt website it says processing times are between 3 and 6 months, if 4th of August comes ( that would be the 6months mark for me) is there a way/a number to call for me to check what's going on?
Thanks in advance for any reply,

Elvie

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Quite a few people have received confirmation via email in the past three months - ceremonies have been cancelled/delayed pending further announcements. You could try emailing NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk to request a status. Also follow this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1911316
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization/citizenship

Post by igheorghe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi. You are not the only one if it helps...I have DCPR and settled status, applied 24th Feb, got reply to my enquiry on 5th May that a decision was made on my application but not stating the actual outcome.
A friend of mine applied on 4th Feb, same conditions as me, and no response as yet either so I feel your pain 😓

standrews
United Kingdom

Post by standrews » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 am

The best email to contact HO is <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk> ... as i have understood, most people get decision about +/- 15 days around the 6 month timeline.

Me and my friend applied in January and being advised that “decision has been made and should get a confirmation shortly” in early May after enquiring above email but took almost 2 months to get a decision by email, 2 weeks before reaching 6 month timeline. We did send couple of emails in that 2 month period from May-June but mostly those were ignored.

So stay calm and as long as you got a clean record, you will get it approved.

Elvie
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Elvie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:30 am

Thank you so much for all the replies, really helpful (also, the fact I'm not alone in this endless waiting is weirdly comforting) - I'll send an email to that address today!
Thanks agan,
Elvie

fbaig76
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fbaig76 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello There,

I have applied through my solicitor with my wife in April and last week did my biometric and documents upload. Anyone here got decision who applied in April? My questions is:

1. Does it make sense to send follow up email HO? if yes what is a best email?
2. My solicitor didn't upload documents in April saying there is no option to upload and this can only be done once biometric appointment is booked (which I found out is not correct), will this delay my decision since documents were not uploaded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:02 pm

fbaig76 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 pm
Hello There,

I have applied through my solicitor with my wife in April and last week did my biometric and documents upload. Anyone here got decision who applied in April? My questions is:

1. Does it make sense to send follow up email HO? if yes what is a best email?
2. My solicitor didn't upload documents in April saying there is no option to upload and this can only be done once biometric appointment is booked (which I found out is not correct), will this delay my decision since documents were not uploaded?
Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. It is unfair to members to hijack their topics with your own questions.

Your earlier posts was split to your own topic, link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1911599
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elvie
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Elvie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:54 am

Just a quick update: I received an email confirming the success of my citizenship application! It really seems like the rule "-2weeks/+2weeks around the 6 months timeline" applies.
As people are saying on the forum, I got told that due to the coronavirus crisis all citizenship ceremonies are on hold - I checked on my council' website (Lambeth), and while it says it is possible to at least book a private ceremony when I emailed them about it I got an automatic reply saying that not only all ceremonies are on hold, but any enquiry about citizenship ceremonies will be effectively ignored till a change in guidelines from the government.
Oh well, I guess we just need to hold tight.
Thanks again for the replies and reassurances, I don't even know what I would have done without this forum.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Congratulations - unfortunately it's not a "normal" time for applicants who get stressed out more than usual.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.