ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying on Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boy2017
United Kingdom

Studying on Spouse Visa

Post by boy2017 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:41 pm

Dear Valued Members

I hope you all must be keeping safe during such an unprecedented period of misery.

I would like to ask about status of a person who wish to study whilst on his Spouse Visa. in this connection please help me understand the following points:

1) For purpose of studies would i be considered as an international student of UK resident student (as Fee is different for both the categories as well as some admission requirements). I am in the UK since more than 181 days (i.e. 6months+ which makes me Ordinary resident of the UK with valid 2 years of initial Spouse Visa)

2) Would it affect my Spouse Visa in any way if i choose to Study rather than work for 1st year of my Spouse Visa, i can later on work to prove my eligibility for FLR (i.e. 18600 pa income or savings)?

thank you,

Waiting to hear back from senior's advises.

Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Studying on Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm

1. International student/fees. You also likely won't qualify for student finance.

2. No. It is not mandatory to work if you have a spouse visa. Either you or your spouse can meet the financial requirment. There is no rule that it just be the visa holder only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boy2017
United Kingdom

Re: Studying on Spouse Visa

Post by boy2017 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm
1. International student/fees. You also likely won't qualify for student finance.

Thank you, does it mean only UK Nationals are being considered as UK resident Students?

2. No. It is not mandatory to work if you have a spouse visa. Either you or your spouse can meet the financial requirment. There is no rule that it just be the visa holder only.
Thank you for your valuable input.