ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP EC From Karachi Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifabbas
Newly Registered

WP EC From Karachi Pakistan

Post by kashifabbas » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:31 am

hi
this forum has been a great help all along , i would like to thank every one participating !
i got the work permit approval from my employer on April 11th 2005.

today i applied for EC , went to the gerry's fedex CAVA center with following documents.

1. VAF 1 (4 forms for me , spouse and two kids)
2. original work permit
3. letter from employer
4. accomodation letter from cousin in london
5. 6 months bank statement showing 6500 GBP
6. salary slips and current job letter
7. copies of educational and certification docuemnts
8. detail resume
9. Marriage certificate (english translation of nikah nama and the urdu one)
10. Form "B" and its translation
11. birth certificate of kids (ages 2yrs & 3 yrs)
12. 3 photographs for each of the 4 VAF1 forms (with light background , they dont accept with dark backgrounds at all )
13. copies of passport and NIC (its a must had to go to home and get the NICs as they have not mentioned it in the check list)

with the following documents i reached the window ,the person checked the docuemnts and gave me token for the main officer at CAVA center.

the officer checked the docs and pasted a sticker with bar code on all 4 passports .
Then i was given a compter no , to track my application online.

I was told that the Work permit applications can take some where from 7-10 days . no hoping that i am not called for the interview .

Any ways news for all Karachites that the visa interview (if u are called for one at the embassy) are now being done in Karachi also . so no need to visit Islamabad if the interview is called for .

do pray for me , thanks and best wishes for all who have been of so help in the past 2 months .

Need a suggestion too , i do quality the criteria for HSMP easily and i m have that application ready too ,i was planning to file it from UK not from Karachi ,Pakistan , what u people think ?

again pray for me , will keep u guys posted whatever happens next !
regards

KAshif

ShoaibJaved

computer number

Post by ShoaibJaved » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Then i was given a compter no , to track my application online.
Can you tell us the website where we can track the application using computer number.

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:36 pm

Hi Kashif,

Reading your post, I can relate to how you must be feeling since moving country and starting on new job with kids that age is difficult in itself.

I really hope that your application is successful and that your kids settle here without any problems!

Cheers

kashifabbas
Newly Registered

Post by kashifabbas » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:03 pm

its www.visadropbox.com , where u can enter computer no and track the application status

kashif

kashifabbas
Newly Registered

Post by kashifabbas » Fri May 20, 2005 11:10 am

i got the EC from karachi on 18th May 05. the EC office asked two questions only and the interview last for hardly 2 mins.

1. how u got the job. and what is ur salary
i told him thru internet , and the salary is XX K/year.

2. do u have any accomodation arrangements.
i had a letter from my cousin in london supporting me.

now i have to collect my and family's passport within 72 hrs from gerry's fedex the CAVA facility center.

any questions are welcomed !
regards
kashif

resider
Newly Registered

Post by resider » Fri May 20, 2005 12:10 pm

Make sure the name and date of birth for all is correct!!!! I am in a bit of trouble because EC has got incorrect date of birth (see my topic Incorrect Date of Birth on ILR)

So when you get your passport(s), check details and then leave the building!