ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa- Worried about benefits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj_91
Newly Registered

Spouse visa- Worried about benefits

Post by raj_91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi

I'm a settled person in the UK.I brought my wife and child to the UK through the 5 year route to settlement visa. My wife is in dependant(Spouse) visa and my child is in dependent(child) visa. Both of their visa's say 'No Public Funds' I was about to extend the dependant visas for my wife and my child. I'm the sponsor for them.

However I'm receiving housing benefit and child benefit for the last 2 years. I made the application for the benefits in my name only. I feel I was within my rights for benefits. Since I have accessed public funds will this be a problem for my wife and child in extending their visas? Please clarify

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa- Worried about benefits

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:18 pm

raj_91 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:13 pm
. Since I have accessed public funds will this be a problem for my wife and child in extending their visas? Please clarify

Thanks
No provided you are able to meet the financial or adequate maintenance requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

raj_91
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa- Worried about benefits

Post by raj_91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:26 pm

Thank you very much for your help... :D