ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job title difference

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Job title difference

Post by jvjroop » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:17 am

Hi,
I made a T2 G application recently and I mentioned or elaborated the job title in my application. In my cos it is Mentioned as VC Fellow, but I elaborated it as Vice Chancellor’s Fellow in my application . Will that be a problem? Does it have to be exact?
Thank you

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Job title difference

Post by jvjroop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi
i asked my sponsor the add a sponsor note to avoid any complications, even though it is not a mistake.
They added, VC Fellow is also known as Vice Chancellor's Fellow. I hope this should be fine ? Any further suggestions ? Should i also add a cover letter, as said it is not a mistake, its just that i elaborated it.
Thanks.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:33 pm

How important are Sponsor notes? will they be definetly considered by case workers? as said minor things can be reported in sponsor notes by the guidance,i am still wondering if i have to write a cover letter regarding the above !
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:36 pm

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:36 pm
You are overthinking.
Hi, ya probably, this long wait is not helping me as I get paranoid with few things. First they send an email with wrong info in that, and then i look at the application i and get such kind of doubts.
I was looking at the immigration rules and one of it says, 'the applicant should be referring to the same job as in the CoS'. I was wondering, when i mentioned, correct CoS ref number, same salary from CoS, same job type, i.e. it is not shortage occupation and not a midwife or nurse job, and job title in the application is elaborated as such different from CoS, getting a doubt that what if they might say ,'you didnt refer to the same job title' ? !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 pm

It is a world wide know abbreviation for Vice Chancellor and most people all over the world know what it is. You are overthinking!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.