ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Gbvs2020 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 pm

usernameswan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:21 pm
I saw someone who submitted the application on 6 April already received the approval email. It's just confusing how this 'reuse biometric' works...
Do you mean email to reuse biometrics or actual approval on their application? Thanks

littlebuns
United Kingdom

Post by littlebuns » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:44 pm
Hi everyone:
I submitted my application last week and was asked to submit document via email, just curious if the email contained the name of the caseworker, does it mean they are now reviewing your applications?
which route are you on please? it was fast for them to contact you. I applied few weeks ago but received zero communication

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Gbvs2020 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 pm
usernameswan wrote:
I saw someone who submitted the application on 6 April already received the approval email. It's just confusing how this 'reuse biometric' works...
Do you mean email to reuse biometrics or actual approval on their application? Thanks
approval on application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1100.html

kllyspn222
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kllyspn222 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:56 pm

Quick one, I applied for ILR 22.05.20 via partner route, uploaded all my documents on the same day and have recently received the email about biometrics reuse. However, I haven’t heard from them at any point requesting documents via email, should I be worried about this?

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi all - is there anyone here who has made an application for a Tier 2 General visa in June received any email for biometric reuse or appointments ? I applied mid June and waiting still

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:25 pm
Hi all - is there anyone here who has made an application for a Tier 2 General visa in June received any email for biometric reuse or appointments ? I applied mid June and waiting still
Did you receive any email to upload docunments

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 pm

usernameswan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm
Gbvs2020 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 pm
usernameswan wrote:
approval on application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1100.html
The person physically submitted the biometrics and was approved the next day. This has been reported by many members previously also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
Now open to customers who applied before 31 May 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 May and 31 May 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 9 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about the next steps.

Accelerating the application process

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point. UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment. If you are one of these cases we will let you know by email – look out for the subject line ‘COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy’.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:31 pm

Why Zimba kept posting this yellowish/colourful same post each time applicant are talking about serious matters related to their pending application and UKVI/ UKVCAS?

Can zimba say something else instead of repeatedly posting the same colourful msg again and again?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:43 pm

Freetownean2 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:31 pm
Why Zimba kept posting this yellowish/colourful same post each time applicant are talking about serious matters related to their pending application and UKVI/ UKVCAS?

Can zimba say something else instead of repeatedly posting the same colourful msg again and again?

This has never been a problem for me. The msg is super powerful and I went automatic blind every time seeing it. Maybe take your sunglass off when reading it?

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:18 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 pm
tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 pm
I am new here as a registered member. But I have been following it for years. And I have been following this topic since the beginning. I am not mixing anything up. It is not like I am stupid or something. It just feels like you are refusing to understand and that is OK. I am not here to argue. I shared my thoughts and that's all. There is injustice when it comes to the order of things and that will be addressed and challenged which is normal.

Just to clarify, not everybody is getting the same e-mail. None of the applicants for ECAA visas for example, did not get such e-mail. So I would recommend you to not to assume everybody gets the same e-mail for documents from UKVI. The department that assesses Turkish Businessperson applications is a separate team and called ECAA Team.

Plus UKVI confirmed that until a photo is submitted or new biometric is submitted, they won't have access to the documents. (unless of course they have requested documents by e-mail before)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. I will share more information when I hear anything new.
I think only a person who is going this process can fully understand this so let me explain the unfair bit with example :-

Applicant A - Pays fees and registers on on 29th March but is waiting for progress due to the new Bio-metric reuse policy which is not functional.

Applicant B - Pays fees and registers on 29th May but is able to book appointment as UKVI doesn't have the bio-metrics available.

In the above scenario Applicant A will definitely say its unfair.
Hence the point is , if the image upload facility is not functional then they should have let people who registered first to book the bio-metrics the normal way or make it clear how this new policy will reduce the processing time.
My thoughts exactly!

I applied (SET-LR) in early May and received the re-use of biometrics email on 4th July. My wife applied (FLR-M) on 22nd May and she got an email invitation yesterday to book appointment. Surprisingly, she didn't get an email regarding the re-use of biometric (Even though our last biometrics were collected at the same time and place). When she logged into the UKVCAS website to book her appointment, she was given the option to book her appointment from the very next day i.e. From 08.07.2020 to 07.08.2020

This shows applicants who registered between 1st - 31st May and were sent email to book their appointment can easily jump in front of the queue as their biometrics (Fingerprints + Photographs) will be collected before applicants those received re-use of biometric emails. This contradicts to the claim made by UKVCAS - "We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take."

Also this is not a UKVI vs UKVCAS argument and who is to be blamed. Collectively, their approach seems to be a little unfair for applicants like us who registered before other applicants and are still kept in the dark regarding the collection of photographs in order to complete the biometric process Vs applicant that were given the option to book the appointment in the centres.

I hope they've noticed this glitch, so that they can come up with a sensible solution for all.

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 pm

Hello All,

I would like to share my experience on this. Below is my current details

Visa: Set (O)
Priority: Standard
Current Visa: Tier 2 General.
Visa expiry: 04 June 2020
Number of people : 2 Adults and 1 minor.
Last used Bio-metrics: 04 June 2017

Application submission date: 26 May 2020
Email from UKVI (WandSContigency) : 04 June 2020
Email replied to UKVI (WandSContigency) : 04 June 2020
Email from UKVI (WandSContigency): 10 June 2020 (Check below for details)
Email from UKVCAS: 4 July 2020
Email Resent to UKVI (WandSContigency): 01 July 2020
Email Re-received from UKVI (WandSContigency): 06 July 2020

I submitted my application on 26th of May and I received an email from UKVI requesting to provide other details for myself, wife and son. Since my wife didn't had her LITUK test booked, i responded back saying how long does that offer stands as I was still waiting for my wife's LITUK.

I didn't get a response, but an automated email (below) so my assumption is, the email was sent to selected people and whoever had the documents ready, I guess UKVI wanted to process them as it didn't want to rely until UKVCAS re-open their centres.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application 6 months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

I got an email from UKVCAS about the re-use of bio-metrics.

One thing I noticed in the initial email sent by UKVI was, the attach files option was now missing so I assume that they had an auto-generated ticket and once when a rep. decided that I didn't had the documents back then, the ticket was closed so there was no attach files option now on the email. I replied back to the initial email by UKVI saying I don't have the Attach files option and how can I send this information, the team responded back requesting for the documents which I have submitted.

I have requested for clarity sake, do I still have to upload the documents to UKVCAS (which doesn't makes sense).

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Hello there, has anyone been able to get through to this UKVCAS number - 0844 8920232 - as I haven’t, the call keep failing for the past two weeks now.
I see that some people on this forum are able to get through so could you kindly post the number you call pls.
I have a decision letter already and a brp enrolment letter asking to book an appointment to get a new brp to prove my new status. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

mkhan83
Ireland

Post by mkhan83 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:48 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 pm
Hello there, has anyone been able to get through to this UKVCAS number - 0844 8920232 - as I haven’t, the call keep failing for the past two weeks now.
I see that some people on this forum are able to get through so could you kindly post the number you call pls.
I have a decision letter already and a brp enrolment letter asking to book an appointment to get a new brp to prove my new status. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Did you mean you got decision on your application without biometric???

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 am

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks

When did you apply? And under which category ?

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:08 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks

When did you apply ?
Many Thanks .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:10 am

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:08 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks

When did you apply ?
The user has a complicated case as they have applied for asylum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/gener ... l#p1908340
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:14 am

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thanks
Can you please continue your questions in the asylum topic where you have been posting. This biomterics thread is in the indefinite leave to remain sub forum and you will only create confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 am

I received a very unsatisfactory response to the email I sent to ECAA team regarding my Turkish Businessperson ILR application and it appears that the departments are not really cooperating. Although I am already identified for biometrics re-use, I am still told to watch out for appointments.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

If you had not made an appointment before UKVCAS services were suspended on 27 March, you cannot currently book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point as appointments are only being released initially to those whose earlier appointments were cancelled. However, you must still create a UKVCAS account once you complete your online application; this will allow us to contact you when new appointments become available."

Furthermore regarding biometric reuse:

"With regards to the reuse of previous biometrics data, this has not come into effect. If this come into effect, applicants will be informed of the process and what to do. In the meantime, please continue to watch out for an appointment.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience."

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am

tbp wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 am
I received a very unsatisfactory response to the email I sent to ECAA team regarding my Turkish Businessperson ILR application and it appears that the departments are not really cooperating. Although I am already identified for biometrics re-use, I am still told to watch out for appointments.

If you had not made an appointment before UKVCAS services were suspended on 27 March, you cannot currently book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point as appointments are only being released initially to those whose earlier appointments were cancelled. However, you must still create a UKVCAS account once you complete your online application; this will allow us to contact you when new appointments become available."

"With regards to the reuse of previous biometrics data, this has not come into effect. If this come into effect, applicants will be informed of the process and what to do. In the meantime, please continue to watch out for an appointment.

Does that mean even if someone gets an email for reuse of biometrics they will have to either wait for the new system to be in place to send/upload a photo or wait for an appointment booking email, whichever is earliest?

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:12 am

It just doesn't make any sense. If the system wasn't functional, we shouldn't be put on hold at first place.

The natural thing should be that when we were identified for the new biometric reuse, we should be able to upload our photos straight away and not wait for "few weeks" for the photo upload system to be developed.

As the system is not functional yet, they should normally carry on with the application date order like they have been doing until actually the biometric reuse system is up and running. And then invite people from that date onwards to upload their photos. Simple as that.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 am

Hi ,Does any one know how there are identifying groups they can reuse bio and Do fresh BIo- via appointment?

Is this based on last bio enroll date ? more than 2-5 years has to go to new appointment?or still having visa valid for few more moths ?-not expired or close to expire?

Any Ideas & thoughts?
Many Thanks .

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am
tbp wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 am

Does that mean even if someone gets an email for reuse of biometrics they will have to either wait for the new system to be in place to send/upload a photo or wait for an appointment booking email, whichever is earliest?
No, the applicants who registered between 1st - 31st May and were sent email to book their appointment can easily jump in front of the queue as their biometrics (Fingerprints + Photographs) will be collected before the applicants who received re-use of biometric emails. According to that email all the applicants that received re-use email are stuck and have been told to wait until they develop a system to upload the Photograph. Why can't they just allow us to book the appointment if the system isn't ready yet. This is frustrating!

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 am

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 am
Hi ,Does any one know how there are identifying groups they can reuse bio and Do fresh BIo- via appointment?

Is this based on last bio enroll date ? more than 2-5 years has to go to new appointment?or still having visa valid for few more moths ?-not expired or close to expire?

Any Ideas & thoughts?
My wife and I gave our last biometric on SEP 2017 and both our visa expired in May. I submitted my application start of May and my wife submitted hers end of May. However, I got the re-use of biometrics email AND my wife received the email to book the appointment. So I am not sure if there is any pattern behind their approach.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 am

Which category did you apply for ? New Tier 2 General visa ?