ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to TIER 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to TIER 2 General

Post by sdpkm_dee » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted online application to extend my TIER2 ICT visa (Leave to Remain), along with my dependants extension on the same application during last week of May'20. While we are still waiting for appointment to be sorted with UKVCAS to do the biometrics, my spouse's employer is expecting to receive RCoS during July'20 approval cycle. We would like to switch to Tier 2 General visa, as soon as RCoS is assigned to my spouse. As long as my spouse gets a RCoS before 31st July,, my understanding is that, based on current rules (based on COVID-19), we should be allowed to put an application to switch within UK (usually we would need to travel back to home country, India in my case).

However I am wondering on the exact process, would be grateful if someone could help on below?

1. What online application link we will need to use to do this Switch once we have RCoS?
2. How to inform Home office that my current VISA (TIER 2 ICT) is still in progress on new application, since still waiting for appointment for one I have already applied?
3. Do we get a refund of previous application (Tier 2 ICT) in case we put a new application using TIER 2 general route? If so, do we get refund in full or partial.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to TIER 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:31 pm

When do your current visas expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User121
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by User121 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello,
I have the same scenario i.e. my wife's Tier2 ICT visa is expiring on 31 July, and as per the latest advice from govt, I can apply for Tier2 general visa from UK, However, when I go to the visa application site i.e. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... -selection and select option "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and click next I get message "You are unable to apply for a UK visa from within the UK." Pls suggest how to apply online.

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:31 pm
When do your current visas expire?
Current one (the latest BRPs) expired on 12th June.

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:43 pm

User121 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Hello,
I have the same scenario i.e. my wife's Tier2 ICT visa is expiring on 31 July, and as per the latest advice from govt, I can apply for Tier2 general visa from UK, However, when I go to the visa application site i.e. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... -selection and select option "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and click next I get message "You are unable to apply for a UK visa from within the UK." Pls suggest how to apply online.
Any luck with your case? My Tier 2 ICT expired on 12th June and I have an extension application logged for the same. While I am expecting to get a switch application onto TIER 2 general track during July.

modon
Newly Registered
India

Post by modon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:44 pm

User121 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Hello,
Hello,

I have the same situation as well. Currently, I am on Tier 2 ICT - Dependent visa expiring on August-2021 and recently I got an offer from NHS; the job falls under Shortage Occupation List. The HR provided me with Tier -2 General (Switching Immigration Category) COS on the 24th June and asked me to proceed with visa application. The HR also confirmed that I can proceed with the application from the UK itself because of the current COVID situation.
Just wanted to know have you been able to proceed with the application or any challenges which you think I should be aware.

Thank you,

Regards,
modon

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 pm

On my case (as discussed above), I raised a query with CIH team, I received following response which seems bit generic to me.
Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team about switching from your current immigration route due to issues related to COVID-19.

No individual of any nationality whose leave has expired or is due to expire between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020, and who cannot leave the UK because of travel restrictions related to COVID-19, will be regarded as an overstayer or suffer any detriment in the future.

Where you would normally be required to return to your country of residence to apply for a visa in a different category, you now have until 31 July 2020 to apply to switch while you’re in the UK. This only applies if your leave has expired or will expire between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020, including where your leave was previously extended to 31 March or to 31 May 2020.

You will need to be switching from/to an eligible route and you’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the same application fee.

It is not possible to switch into short term visa routes where applications can only be made outside of the UK, such as:

Tier 5 Youth Mobility
Tier 5 Seasonal Worker
Tier 4 Chevening, Commonwealth and Marshall scholars
Overseas Domestic Workers

You should apply online, but you may not be able to book an appointment to enrol your biometrics immediately as appointments are only being released initially to people whose earlier appointments were cancelled due to COVID-19. However, you must still create a UKVCAS account once you complete your online application; this will allow us to contact you when new appointments become available.

If you have been advised that you can enrol your biometrics at a Post Office you should check the availability of services through the Post Office finder, as advised on your Biometric Enrolment letter, or through updates on GOV.UK.

Our Service and Support Centres (SSCs) are now offering a reduced number of appointments because of COVID-19. As more appointments are made available UKVI will invite customers, via email or post, to arrange an appointment.

Access UK is now holding applications for an increased period of 240 days. This will ensure that applications remain valid and support enrolment of biometric data once you’re able to book an appointment.

You will not be regarded as an overstayer or be subject to enforcement action if you are unable to attend a biometric appointment or if there are delays in processing your application due to COVID-19. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.

Please continue to check the GOV.UK website, where up to date advice is published. The latest information and advice for visa holders and temporary residents can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Information on support available to visa holders and temporary residents in the UK is also available on GOV.UK, at:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -in-the-uk

The latest travel advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus

Coronavirus Immigration Team
Just trying to decipher this mail, and wanted to check few things, wondered if any expert can help?

1. Expiry date on last BRP we had was 12th June, and we have and ICT extension application submitted on 29th May which is underway (lates on that - I received a mail from UKVCAS yesterday saying that I no longer need appointment since they already have my finger prints and I will receive further instruction on how to submit documents and facial image etc). So will that account for my "leave expired between 24th Jan and 31st July, to be eligible to switch within UK before 31st July?

2. Since my current ICT extension application includes my spouse also on the same application, will she alone be able to (or need to) switch to T2 General VISA Application or will all of us need to switch (all on one application)?

3. Is this the right link to be used to apply switching from TIER 2 ICT route to TIER 2 General route (in UK) for my case?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1593384295

4. I notice that this link (as above) asks for following question after I answer question on my current location.
Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
Since I only have one application reference number from my current ICT extension application, will that be alone be sufficient to be entered if in case just my spouse switch to TIER 2 general visa application or will have to enter it multiple times if in case we all are switching at the same time on same application?

5. If we submit the switch application, will we be refunded the VISA Fee and IHS fee paid for TIER 2 ICT extension submitted on 29th may (on which decision is yet to be made)?

6. In case our switching application decision is negative, does the previous application ICT extension stay applicable anymore?

7. When switching from here in the UK (as per details above), do we need to provide TB test documents or any sort of medical documents?

8. Do TIER 2 general dependants require to fulfil English language requirement (e.g. NARIC or IELTS, like main application on T2 General)?

9. Will the VISA fee be applied as outside UK (e.g. £1220) or switch in UK (e.g. £1408) for 5 year length?

Thanks in advance!

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 am

Can anyone help on these questions please? I am nearing to a point where I will have to decide on this, so would appreciate if someone can help here. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 am

I will answer the points I can.
6. In case our switching application decision is negative, does the previous application ICT extension stay applicable anymore?
If you apply for tier 2 general, you will be varying your existing ICT extension. You cannot have two applications with UKVI. By varying to Tier 2 General, the ICT application will cease to exist.
7. When switching from here in the UK (as per details above), do we need to provide TB test documents or any sort of medical documents?
No!
8. Do TIER 2 general dependants require to fulfil English language requirement (e.g. NARIC or IELTS, like main application on T2 General)?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 am

Thanks CR001 to help with those Qs. I hope to get clarifications on other questions as well, the main ones are about ability to switch in the UK based on circumstances on my case, whether we call can switch in one go or just my spouse to switch first and which form to be used etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:04 am

You can all vary at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:04 am
You can all vary at the same time.
Thanks again CR001,

Would you be able to advise, if following is the right link to use for this switch application?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1593384295

User121
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by User121 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 am

Can you call me mobile number removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:57 am

User121 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 am
Can you call me mobile number removed by moderator
You are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum. You and everyone else are complete strangers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdpkm_dee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi CR001 and other experts,
Further to this my spouse's organisation has confirmed that her RCoS has been granted on 13th Jul and valid to be granted until 13th Oct. Given our circumstances (as above) and we also came to know recently about Section 3C leave specific restrictions and getting confused whether or not she can switch to TIER 2 General from the UK (before 31st July) since we already have our extension application (on ICT route) submitted (awaiting further biometrics processing and the decision).

Can you please advise what's the possible way out specific to COVID-19 related guidelines, can she (or all of us) apply from here or should we wait for decision to arrive first on our tier 2 ict extension first?

Sort of urgent ask - so please help!!! :?: