ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gc362952246
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:26 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:15 am
I haven’t received the reuse email but I also see this in my UKVCAS account.

I was asked to send my documents via email earlier this week which I did. I think this mechanism is perhaps just a formalisation of that?

I will wait until we get more info about uploading photos before using this new tool
Not sure if this option is available for all even if they haven’t got any email to submit the documents or reuse the biometric or have an appointment booked.
It seems that atleast UKVI will start validating the documents and be ready with decision before the biometric information and as soon as they get biometric details, decision will be send out.
This seems to be expediating the process

Yes, i submitted my application in June. I haven't recieve any email about biometric info and I have this option too.

dsharma7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dsharma7 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:37 am

Gbvs2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:27 pm
I have also received response to the complaint I made

Quote from their response:

You explained you are concerned that as you have been identified as eligible for the new biometric reuse process your application is being unduly delayed. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. UKVCAS and UKVI are working closely to tackle to significant demand for appointments. As you have been identified as being eligible for this new process you will receive an email advising of the next steps in the coming weeks. UKVI has issued guidance on this new process and the impact of COVID-19 on immigration and visas. Please refer to UKVI's Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK for more information.

I will also be escalating it further.
When did you file the complaint? Thanks
I filed it day before yesterday. So it took them one day to respond.

palmuru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by palmuru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:39 am

palmuru wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:44 am
This looks one time activity ,normally once bio is done and doc is verified (if needed) by UKVCAS doc will be released to UKVI before by UKVCAS.

Now this option is introduce us to release if all we uploaded , is not having change until UKVCAS BIO to review it.
is this option coming for all or just for those coming under category re-use BIO only ?
Is this something we need to do now or wait for further communication -As this is new process which we are not aware ?

Any suggestion /Advice -welcome

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 am

Hi, I applied on 22nd of June and I also saw the option on UKVCAS site just now to submit documents so I have submitted all of my documents, hopefully this is their way of expediting the process, I haven't had any other email relating to bio metrics or sending the documents directly etc.

Fingers crossed

se3
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by se3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:49 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:46 pm
Anyone who registered with UKVCAS between “1st May - 31st May” (I understand that there are few on this forum who didn’t get any email who registered before 1st May) didn’t get any email for reuse of biometric or appointment?
Just wanted to understand if there is any pattern for such cases in May
I registered in May and didn't get reuse email, I've got an email to book an appointment instead. This is because my daughter, who applied with me, doesn't qualify for the "reuse" group, she is under 18 and last time enrolled biometric two and a half years ago, which is more than two years for those who under 18.

The funny thing here - for her age biometric means just a picture, not fingerprints or signature. So, while they are developing a way to take a picture on your own, she was told to go to the centre to take a picture :)

Classic Home Office with all its inconsistency

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 am
Hi, I applied on 22nd of June and I also saw the option on UKVCAS site just now to submit documents so I have submitted all of my documents, hopefully this is their way of expediting the process, I haven't had any other email relating to bio metrics or sending the documents directly etc.

Fingers crossed
Did you get any notification or email after submitting the documents with this new option?

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am
debrancherenzym wrote:

Fingers crossed
Did you get any notification or email after submitting the documents with this new option?
No confirmation or acknowledgment, in my document section on UKVCAS site, all I can see now is "submitted" in front of documents, whereby previously it had an option to remove documents.

Makes me think that if the documents will now go straight to UKVI or still with UKVCAS and they will forward?

Also is this an option that we are seeing only now or has this option always been there?

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am
VikasMandal wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Fingers crossed
No confirmation or acknowledgment, in my document section on UKVCAS site, all I can see now is "submitted" in front of documents, whereby previously it had an option to remove documents.

Makes me think that if the documents will now go straight to UKVI or still with UKVCAS and they will forward?

Also is this an option that we are seeing only now or has this option always been there?
I think it will go to UKVI, as there is one check box at the bottom where it says if we
“If I have purchased the document checking service I accept that these uploaded documents will NOT be sent to UKVI until the document checking service is finished”

Also this option is available only 48hrs before the appointment, so its better to submit as they haven’t memtioned what if someone doesn’t submit at all and goes directly to the appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Fingers crossed

No this option only came today. I applied on 22nd June and got this option also but NOTE I applied for naturalisation NOT ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Fingers crossed

I think it will go to UKVI, as there is one check box at the bottom where it says if we
“If I have purchased the document checking service I accept that these uploaded documents will NOT be sent to UKVI until the document checking service is finished”

Also this option is available only 48hrs before the appointment, so its better to submit as they haven’t memtioned what if someone doesn’t submit at all and goes directly to the appointment.

If it is 48hrs before appointment, then maybe there is hope of an appointment coming soon or a re-use of bio metrics, hoping for the best.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:46 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:36 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:

If it is 48hrs before appointment, then maybe there is hope of an appointment coming soon or a re-use of bio metrics, hoping for the best.
Sorry if I misguided, by 48hrs it means that if you get an appointment on 30th July then this option will be available till 28th July

e2saleh
Newly Registered

Post by e2saleh » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:19 pm

We are in a bit of a panic state with regards to UKVCAS appointments, so any advice is highly appreciated. Is it really the case no appoints are available now whatsoever?! We submitted a SET(M) for ILR on 30/06/2020 and uploaded all documents. Since then we've been trying to get an appointment through UKVCAS but nothing is available anywhere in the country for the next month or more! The challenge is the current visa will expire on 18/07/2020 so it's unlikely to have an appointment before the visa expires! Is that the case for everyone, i.e. as far as we submitted it won't matter when the appoint happens even if that is after a month or two or more?!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm

e2saleh wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:19 pm
We are in a bit of a panic state with regards to UKVCAS appointments, so any advice is highly appreciated. Is it really the case no appoints are available now whatsoever?! We submitted a SET(M) for ILR on 30/06/2020 and uploaded all documents. Since then we've been trying to get an appointment through UKVCAS but nothing is available anywhere in the country for the next month or more! The challenge is the current visa will expire on 18/07/2020 so it's unlikely to have an appointment before the visa expires! Is that the case for everyone, i.e. as far as we submitted it won't matter when the appoint happens even if that is after a month or two or more?!!
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of the biometric appointment, which can be AFTER visa expiry.

There are delays, as the messages on UKCVAS clearly states. They are working through the backlog.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm

e2saleh wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:19 pm
Read:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Also, the date of application is the date you paid online and submitted. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Visa expiry is irrelevant. You are protected by Section 3C.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

e2saleh
Newly Registered

Post by e2saleh » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Thank you CR001 and CULLINAN. Yes we submitted the application and paid the fees on the 30th of June. It is just tough to think of being hanging for maybe 3 months or more until the applications jam has eased. Hope this tough situation goes away for everyone soon. Thank you for the prompt response.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:34 pm

e2saleh wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:31 pm
Thank you CR001 and CULLINAN. Yes we submitted the application and paid the fees on the 30th of June. It is just tough to think of being hanging for maybe 3 months or more until the applications jam has eased. Hope this tough situation goes away for everyone soon. Thank you for the prompt response.
Did you check on your UKVCAS account? Members have reported getting the option to submit the documents to UKVI?

marmalade2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marmalade2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi everyone, just to give some more detail on the new option to submit supporting documents on UKVCAS website.

I do not know which day this option became available because I only discovered it after reading this forum.

After you uploaded the documents, there is an option to Submit to UKVI. When you click submit, the page will reload and give you a confirmation message. This is the only confirmation you will get (so good idea to screenshot/save it). This is the message I got:
You have successfully submitted your documents to UKVI

Thank you for successfully submitting your documents.

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment.
As you can see, if for some reason you forgot to upload a document after you submitted to UKVI, you can continue to send more documents.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:34 pm

marmalade2 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi everyone, just to give some more detail on the new option to submit supporting documents on UKVCAS website.

I do not know which day this option became available because I only discovered it after reading this forum.

After you uploaded the documents, there is an option to Submit to UKVI. When you click submit, the page will reload and give you a confirmation message. This is the only confirmation you will get (so good idea to screenshot/save it). This is the message I got:
You have successfully submitted your documents to UKVI

Thank you for successfully submitting your documents.

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment.
As you can see, if for some reason you forgot to upload a document after you submitted to UKVI, you can continue to send more documents.
Also, if you go back and check your documents now, it will say “submitted” in front of all the documents so you can not remove it now.

Freetonean
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Freetonean » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm

I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question: For those who had recently paid and submitted their ILR and uploaded all their documents, did anyone receive any email to acknowledge that they have submitted or made payment for your Visa?
My worry here is that, how do we explain prove to our employers that our ILR applications are pending ?
I'll be submitting my SET M on 13th July, 2020.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Freetonean wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm
I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question: For those who had recently paid and submitted their ILR and uploaded all their documents, did anyone receive any email to acknowledge that they have submitted or made payment for your Visa?
My worry here is that, how do we explain prove to our employers that our ILR applications are pending ?
I'll be submitting my SET M on 13th July, 2020.
Once you pay & submit, you get a payment confirmation email which also has your Unique Application ID. Also once you submit your online form, you are given an option to download the submitted form which also has all the details on the top. Note, after you submit, most cases you are sent an automated generic email from UKVI with your Case ID on within 1-3 days. But many do not receive that as there is some technical error in pushing through the emails. Nothing to worry though, you can still use two of the other proofs listed above.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi Guys.
I paid fee online on 2nd July and uploaded my documents on UKVCAS few days ago..

There is a new option of Submit documents to UKVI showing up today..
It says you can only submit once to UKVI

What does that mean..
Anyone else getting this message on UKVCAS

Please share.
ZR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Hi Guys.
I paid fee online on 2nd July and uploaded my documents on UKVCAS few days ago..

What does that mean..

Please share.
Have you bothered to read last few posts in this topic before asking?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait for further communication from either UKVCAS or UKVI before you go ahead and submit the documents. There's usually an update on the UKVCAS site every Friday, may be they intend to inform applicants of this change and further course of action.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm

SIyer wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:14 pm
Wouldn't it be prudent to wait for further communication from either UKVCAS or UKVI before you go ahead and submit the documents. There's usually an update on the UKVCAS site every Friday, may be they intend to inform applicants of this change and further course of action.
I definitely agree. I’m doing that. They really need to inform us of how this fits in with everything else they’re doing to “accelerate” the process

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm
zzzindagi wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:07 pm
Hi Guys.

What does that mean..

Please share.
Have you bothered to read last few posts in this topic before asking?
This is a latest development and yes I didn't read that another person has asked a similar question few minutes ago.

Please don't be offended. At least I have added an information for others that I have also received a similar message.
ZR