ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ms_akhtar

Post by ms_akhtar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:07 am

Hiya how u doin hum...?
Alhamdulilh im very well thanks
hows married life....? :lol:

Yeh ur ryt i read this forum religiously on a daily basis (WELL I TRY TO) i fink im kinda addicted to it now..... :lol:

It's really quite interesting uno, i take it it's still taking them 60 days before they give u an answer which is quite annoying wel it was in our days......!!!!! :P

i can tel u this much ppl DO NOT RELY ON THE WEBSITE cos that doesn't get updated.

My hubby's passport was stamped 10 days before he recived a fone call from Mirpur asking him to collect his passport, but the status on the web was still the same "your application hs been forwarded to BHS Islamabad".
You wont belive this the status changed after my hubby got to the UK....LOL

But ppl keep ur heads up think positive and inshallah u will all get positive outcomes, I will inshallah make dua's for u all....... :)

ms_akhtar

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am

Well to be honest I found that it was indeed the website that helped me. Initially the status was showing the same up until Monday this week. And the funny thing was although I checked the website earlier in the day, there was no change until I checked again at around 9PM that night, when the status changed to "Passport ready for collection". The following day when hubby collected the passport, the site updated quickly to "Passport collected". So in my case the status changed quickly. Oahmed, it looks like the duration is to get to the UK within 28 days. Thats why hubby is running round trying to get a flight. Any news your end?

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:30 am

Maj I can Undertstand What Ur saying because I Am In The Same Boat I feel So Depressed Thses days Its SOOO hard waiting and not getting a respond i Just Feel So Down :( ....
Shameem I hope Your Hubby Gets A Ticket Soon INSHALLAH i know u Been waiting For A long Time :)

And I Can just pray For Myself And All the Others Who are waiting For there Visa INSHALLAH we All will Get a Good Postives Respond Very soon !!
AND i am confused Should i B checking the site or Not because right now it says My papers were send on This Particular date and thats it theres no change since 19 working Days ...shahmeem what site were you checking you husbands status ?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 am

cutesweetgal,

Try calling the BHC on 0092 5120 98999. You need your GRY-PK ref number, his passport number and his date of bitrh.

Don't rely on just the website or just the phone number; if your husband can, get him to go and visit the Gerry Office where he submitted his application. The Gerry lot are not very good at keeping us informed on the status of applications, it's down to us to keep on top of things. But remember not to get frustrated if you keep getting told to come back/call back later or if the status on the web doesn't change.

No news is good news, have sabr and think positive!! Good luck!!
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 am

salam all,
Here is that day i been waiting for..........applied on 19th June and got the passport today 21Aug...............visa was stamped on 13Aug and website is indeed a useful thing.
i would like to thank you all for you kind support and prayers

thank you all

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 am

muzzi17 wrote:salam all,
Here is that day i been waiting for..........applied on 19th June and got the passport today 21Aug...............visa was stamped on 13Aug
Congrats!!
May Allah (swt) grant the both you all the happiness you deserve and much more!!

(Remember to have a look at ILR posts/threads for the docs you need to start collecting.)

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am

thanks Sammie
:D

dont know where i would have been without this forum

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 am

Also check out the BIA site for the SET(M) form and documents you'll need in two years time.

P.S: Spouse must enter the UK within 28 days from date of visa stamp.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 am

Muzzi - Congratulations that is simply fantastic news!!!

I am soooo happy ... atleast things are moving ... Im staying patient now & inshallah will hear something soon.

Shameem/Sammie - thanx for your feedback ... but i'll show you what I was sent & told: ** see section 3.1 **

(source: Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules - BHC)

EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM TO
THE STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN IMMIGRATION RULES
LAID ON 15 JULY 2008 (HC 971)

1. This explanatory memorandum has been prepared by the Home Office and is laid before Parliament by
Command of Her Majesty.
2. Description
2.1 This Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules contains the following three changes:
• Amendments to the rules relating to the spouses, civil partners, unmarried and same-sex
partners of persons present and settled in the UK in order that they may be admitted to the
UK for a period not exceeding 27 months.
• Consequential amendments to the rules relating to victims of domestic violence and to
children of parents who are given limited leave to enter/remain with a view to settlement.
• Correction of an omission in paragraph 284(v) of the Immigration Rules, relating to the
requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and
settled in the UK.
3. Matters of special interest to the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments
3.1 This change to the Immigration Rules is being made in order to mitigate the negative impact on
an applicant of not being able to make travel arrangements until entry clearance has been granted
and the difficulties this can cause if their leave expires and they need to seek and pay for an
extension of leave. This must come into force on 22 July 2008 so that this negative impact is
remedied and that from this date entry clearance may be issued for 27 months. Administrative
delays associated with the production of the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules has
resulted in the 21 day rule being breached. The Department regrets this breach.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:11 am

I am confused over this issue - it appears the law was changed on 22 July 2008 .... help ... still confused on what is correct!!

Thank You :)

ms_akhtar

Post by ms_akhtar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am

muzzi17 wrote:salam all,
Here is that day i been waiting for..........applied on 19th June and got the passport today 21Aug...............visa was stamped on 13Aug and website is indeed a useful thing.
i would like to thank you all for you kind support and prayers

thank you all
CONGRATS..!!!!
so happy for you Muzzi17.......

maj97

Post by maj97 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:18 pm

muzzi17 so happy for you!!! congrats!!!!!!

maj97

Post by maj97 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm

come on cutesweetgal we can get thru this. wat date did your hubby give in the case???? where did he give it???

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Maj97 / Cutesweetgal - keep the faith. Trust me ... its a long and frustrating process, everyone on this forum has similar experiences, but just focus on the positive and hopefully you will get the result you desire. In a real bizarre way the wait does get easier ... but what I would say is prepare yourselves for the wait. That way it becomes easier to handle - you can be strong and handle this :D

Remain positive, keep the faith & SMILE :D

Shameem/Muzzi - Im so happy for you both - it must be such an awesome feeling.... me still waiting!! Plz remember me in your duas. :D

brighton_belle
Newly Registered

Post by brighton_belle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 pm

congrats muzzi and shameem

i applied on 20th june and the bhc replied my email on 15th august telling me that my application is still in the queue waiting to be assessed. i think that they take 1 or 2 days to process the application but they take 6-9 weeks to open the application. :(

best of luck to all.........plz pray for me as well.

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Sammie Thanks For the Number I Am Sure It will come in Handy !!!
and plz do pray for all of us who are waiting as i can see you have been on the same boat as us .

Muzzi17 Congratulations !!! i am really Happy For you May Allah (SWT) Give You And Your partner Happiness Ameen :)

Maj97 My hubby Gave His Papers on The 1st Of August And he submitted Them In Mirpur Gerry Fedex When Did You Submit The Papers ?

Oahmed Thanks For The Great Advice I know your Right And we should stay Postive and patient .. And Also Have Faith In Allah ( SWT) That they will Give Us All Good news Who are waiting For there Partners Visa :) INSHALLAH .

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks for your kind prayers cutesweetgal

be positive..... thats the key

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:54 pm

congratulation muzzi17!! wow im v happy for u, its now been 8 weeks for me, i really cant wait any longer n sooooo scared for what the result will be, anyway i told my husband to go down mirpur on monday to check up on it

pakigyal
Newly Registered

Post by pakigyal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi people !! i have been waitching this topic for a long time but never wrote as i didnt know what to write besides saying i am waiting for my husbands visa but i am happy to say my husbands visa got stamped today :) and i am very happy and greeatful 2 allah swt i am praying for all those who are waiting and may allah give u all patience and good news !!!! we applied in august the 4th and got it stamped on 13th soo please people go to the gerry fedex n check up urself regular because they do not tell on the phone or site .

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Paki gyal Congraulations on your husbandz visa i hope for the best in your future May Allah Give You Happiness Ameen
wow Iam Shocked As We Applied Earlier Then You n You Got it Before Umm How Many Days did the gerry fedex say to you ?

pakigyal
Newly Registered

Post by pakigyal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Thank you for the kind Prayer cutesweetgal i wanted to share this as alot of people been waiting for long and i wanted share they also do reply back quick . my husband was told by the gerry fedex it will approx take 15 days so i sended my hubby today and the visa was there :D

brighton_belle
Newly Registered

Post by brighton_belle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:08 pm

congrats pakigyal

cutesweetgal i think that there are several entry clearance officers each having a separate queue of applications. I guess some are slow and some are quick.

i have been waiting from 63 days still no news and a week ago they replied my email telling me that my application is in the queue waiting to be assessed. yesterday i went to VAC and they said they dont have my passport. Though it is true that gerry people update the website randomly. Either BHC post it late to gerrys or gerry people update it late.

jab hamaray liye behtaree ho gee then we will get the visa. we can only pray and experience the roller coaster of hope and loosing hope.

lets keep up the hope and moral high.

maj97

Post by maj97 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:53 pm

cutesweetgal we applied on the 12th of august and like paki gal they told him to come back in 15 days so thats next week wednesday. what did they say when u gave urs in??
im soooo nervous i cant sleep!!!

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 am

Maj My Hubby Was Told The Same Thing Come In 15 days Time..Which Is On Monday Coz Of The Independece Day N weekends..So Lets See I Hope It Comes Its Been 9 Months Since I seen My Hubby :( ...InshAllah i pray For Every single Person who Is waiting For This I hope Allah Gives Patience And Good News Ahead ...Its Really Hard I can Understand What You Are Sayin Anyways pakigyal What Papers Did You Provide I am Kinda Worrying Maybe The Papers Were Not Enough...aarghhh This Is so complicated !!!!!!!!

brighton_belle
Newly Registered

Post by brighton_belle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:07 pm

asalamualaikum everybody

i got my visa today............ i emailed BHC 2 days ago and they replied back today telling me that visa has been stamped and the passport was mailed to gerry's on 21st august. after sometime the website got updated saying ready for collection.

it was stamped on 15th august.........so they opened my application on 15th and stamped it on the same day, but they posted it to gerrys on 21st august. it does take 1/2 days to process an application and a varying time (15 days to 60 days) to open it due to back log.

there is a gr8 problem of getting flights from isb/lhr to uk on pia and emirates. seats are available from karachi on emirates (nowhere from pak to uk on pia in next 2 weeks at least). however seats are available on airblue from isb to manchester.

one other important thing is plz do check your documents after taking your passport. coz my nikkah nama is not back and i will have to email BHC to send me via post.

my visa is valid for 27 months which implies there are 3 months to leave pak not 28 days.

best of luck to all.

cutesweetgal dont worry. it is not about documents. it is when your entry clearance officer will open your application based upon the back log.