ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagansingh22
United Kingdom

Naturalization questions

Post by gagansingh22 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Dear Lovely Guru's,

bit of history: I got ILR through general tier-2 visa.

I have couple of questions regarding Naturalization

1. what all referee's i can use ? i mean first and 2nd referee ?
2. Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English? should i put yes or no ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:11 pm

1. what all referee's i can use ? i mean first and 2nd referee ?
You need one British referee who is 25 or older and of good character. You need another referee of any nationality, of good character and who is on the list of acceptable referees, see page 24 in the link below for the list.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
2. Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English? should i put yes or no ?
It is yes as you were required to prove you met the English and LIUK requirement for ILR and for your Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gagansingh22
United Kingdom

Post by gagansingh22 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:32 pm

thank you very much for prompt response. So any IT professional (British citizen)will do ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:35 pm

gagansingh22 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:32 pm
thank you very much for prompt response. So any IT professional (British citizen)will do ?
Only ONE of your referees needs to be a professional on the list in the link I have provided. Your professional referee does NOT have to be British.

An IT Professional is also NOT on the list if your question is about using such a person as the professional referee.

The British citizen referee doe NOT have to be a professional. It can be a housewife even.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gagansingh22
United Kingdom

Post by gagansingh22 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:24 pm

thanks very much :)