ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:24 pm

I do not see a point to wait. The UKVCAS account clearly states that they now have given an option to submit documents. They will most likely clarify that in the next update anyways. But if anyone wants to wait its up to you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:24 pm
I do not see a point to wait. The UKVCAS account clearly states that they now have given an option to submit documents. They will most likely clarify that in the next update anyways. But if anyone wants to wait its up to you.
Hi Agree with the above but without communication from UKVCAS how someone will get the confidence until its clearly transparent, specifically 27th March - 30.04.2020 applications. If say I submit then how about uploading image option?

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Is there anyone who is not seeing "Submit Documents " opinion on UKVCAS?

Just wondering if this is for everyone.
ZR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:34 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Hi Agree with the above but without communication from UKVCAS how someone will get the confidence until its clearly transparent, specifically 27th March - 30.04.2020 applications. If say I submit then how about uploading image option?
The official UKVCAS website is giving you an option to submit your documents. What more confidence you need? Possibly the appointment selection or biometrics reuse selection will follow. But, everyone works differently. If you would like to wait please do and wait for UKVCAS to update.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 pm

There is no point to wait. Just submit guys.
Review your documents first and then submit.
ZR

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:49 pm

If we use the new option and submit directly to UKVI then UKVCAS cannot check your uploaded documents during your appointment. If one is confident enough that their documents are 100% accurate, can proceed with this new option.
It makes sense to use the new option for people who have received biometric reuse email as they will not get a biometric appointment.
Above mentioned is my personal view but its upto individuals to go ahead with this new option or not

marmalade2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marmalade2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:53 pm

I know it feels safer to wait for official comms from UKVI/UKVCAS about the new submit option. But personally, I have a high level of confidence in my documents, so I didn't see any reason to wait. Even if I had waited 2 months, my documents would still be exactly the same.

The main reason I did it is because I have a theory that that UKVI may grant an interim decision based on the documents submitted, even before your biometrics/face image is collect. Emphasis on the word "theory" because I do not have proof that they actually do this.

My documents prove I meet all the requirements for permanent residency (so in theory, this is sufficient to give an interim decision). My fingerprints/face simply prove I am who I say I am.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 pm

marmalade2 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:53 pm
I know it feels safer to wait for official comms from UKVI/UKVCAS about the new submit option. But personally, I have a high level of confidence in my documents, so I didn't see any reason to wait. Even if I had waited 2 months, my documents would still be exactly the same.

The main reason I did it is because I have a theory that that UKVI may grant an interim decision based on the documents submitted, even before your biometrics/face image is collect. Emphasis on the word "theory" because I do not have proof that they actually do this.

My documents prove I meet all the requirements for permanent residency (so in theory, this is sufficient to give an interim decision). My fingerprints/face simply prove I am who I say I am.
I feel unconfident that UKVI can come up to such an innovative idea. Bear in mind it took them three months to realise that they can reuse the biometric. It might be more hopeful if this theory can somehow reach to UKVI and be considered

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 pm

I have just submitted my documents to UKVI through UKVCAS and this is the message that immediately appears on UKVCAS' website:

You have successfully submitted your documents to UKVI

Thank you for successfully submitting your documents.

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Daided wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 pm
I have just submitted my documents to UKVI through UKVCAS and this is the message that immediately appears on UKVCAS' website:

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment.
I spoke to UKVCAS and they have advised that wait for the email as I have identified as reusing the previous fingerprints. BIG time confuse...

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Daided wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 pm

That last line says “ UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment”
Does it means that this option is not available for those who got reuse biometric email coz if they want to upload any additional documents later how they will do it as they don’t have an option to attend appointment 🤔

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 pm

I submitted my documents to UKVI as well. I am pretty sure, we can add our PHOTO for BRP purposes later on. It is just that UKVCAS and UKVI need to clarify how.

Probably we will end up uploading our biometric photo to DOCUMENT UPLOAD section of UKVCAS as we did with other documents. Just a thought.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi all I applied for ILR (p) after I submitted they said need to sign and send consent letter with support document I know some people they said it’s not important as they get ILR without know this .
So Is this important?

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:14 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 am
Hi, I applied on 22nd of June and I also saw the option on UKVCAS site just now to submit documents so I have submitted all of my documents, hopefully this is their way of expediting the process, I haven't had any other email relating to bio metrics or sending the documents directly etc.

Fingers crossed
Did you get any notification or email after submitting the documents with this new option?
No confirmation or acknowledgment, in my document section on UKVCAS site, all I can see now is "submitted" in front of documents, whereby previously it had an option to remove documents.

Makes me think that if the documents will now go straight to UKVI or still with UKVCAS and they will forward?

Also is this an option that we are seeing only now or has this option always been there?
Can I ask you about scan and upload for passport is it need to scan all pages even empty one ?
Thanks

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:22 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 pm
Whizart wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 pm
a_london1 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

This is not correct. UKVI contacted some of the applicants directly asking to submit their documents via email so that they can start processing. Please see the email verbatim below.

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the latest government advice, for the safety of our customers and our staff, we have temporarily suspended the UKVCAS service locations where you would ordinarily take your documents to be scanned in support of your application along with submitting your biometric details.

We are keen for this disruption to have a minimal impact on our processing times and as such we are asking that you send us scanned copies of the following documents: -

To the e-mail address ****@homeoffice.gov.uk where we will be able to process your application to the next stage of our assessment which will minimise delays to your application caused by these extraordinary circumstances.

If you are unable to provide the requested documents due to the current situation, please reply to the above e-mail address. This will not adversely affect your application.
Sorry, I should've mentioned that there has been no communication from UKVI to "the applicants who are eligible for reuse of biometrics"

Did any of the applicants who are eligible for Re-Use of Biometrics received this email ? I've been following this thread from the beginning and I've seen a few other applicants stating that they were asked to email their docs, BUT I didn't notice any "Reuse Biometrics" eligible applicants mentioning that they received such email from UKVI to email them the documents. Can someone please confirm this ?

I am one of the applicants (SET LR) originally applied on 9th May, all of my documents are already uploaded on UKCAS site. I received the email on 4th July from UKVCAS that, UKVI will reuse my fingerprints and for facial image, they are developing a new way for which they will contact in a few weeks.

As the documents are already with them, there have been no emails to send the documents via email.

I can still see on UKVCAS site, there are no appointments available to me, which is in line with their email on 4th July which says "you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point."
There has been no further update to elaborate "few weeks" as when can I submit the facial image.

If there is already an existing process to access facial image for any specific category, why can't the same be used for the rest of the categories?
Update: On the UKVCAS site, within the documents upload section, a new option is now available to submit the documents to UKVI. Below is the message now displayed after submission of the documents to UKVI:

"You have successfully submitted your documents to UKVI

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment."

So the conclusion is, if you have uploaded the documents to UKVCAS site, it does not mean the documents are automatically submitted to UKVI, keep checking your account and at a given point of time, you have to submit it. I am assuming, this option is available to those who have been communicated regarding the reuse of biometrics and to those who have been able to book their appointments.
Thanks for the update and making us aware of it. I've submitted my documents to UKVI. Hopefully it will speed up the process for everyone.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:14 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 am
Hi, I applied on 22nd of June and I also saw the option on UKVCAS site just now to submit documents so I have submitted all of my documents, hopefully this is their way of expediting the process, I haven't had any other email relating to bio metrics or sending the documents directly etc.

Fingers crossed
Did you get any notification or email after submitting the documents with this new option?
No confirmation or acknowledgment, in my document section on UKVCAS site, all I can see now is "submitted" in front of documents, whereby previously it had an option to remove documents.

Makes me think that if the documents will now go straight to UKVI or still with UKVCAS and they will forward?

Also is this an option that we are seeing only now or has this option always been there?
Can I ask you about scan and upload for passport is it need to scan all pages even empty one ?
Thanks
I scanned all my pages including the blank pages. There have been cases reported where the UKVI requests the applicants to submit their passport hardcopy at a later stage for verification. So I would recommend to scan all pages including the blank/empty pages of your passport to be on the safe side.

lavinia85
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by lavinia85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:05 pm

I have submitted too, after uploading in the identity category a photo that meets the Gov.uk electronic passport photo specifications. I don’t know if that was right but let’s see!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm

lavinia85 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:05 pm
I have submitted too, after uploading in the identity category a photo that meets the Gov.uk electronic passport photo specifications. I don’t know if that was right but let’s see!
😂👏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm

lavinia85 wrote:
The identity category is NOT for a photo. It is for your passport and BRP card.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm
lavinia85 wrote:

I think OP did some forward thinking and uploaded photo as an extra document including the passport also. Lol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
lavinia85 wrote:

I think OP did some forward thinking and uploaded photo as an extra document including the passport also. Lol
Doesn't help though if ho is going to be sending specific details and information for photos to those who qualify for the reuse biometric s.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lavinia85
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by lavinia85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm

That’s why I said “I do not know if that was right”, so please don’t do it if you don’t feel comfortable..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CR001 wrote:
lavinia85 wrote:

Doesn't help though if ho is going to be sending specific details and information for photos to those who qualify for the reuse biometric s.
Correct.

Another thought, for naturalisation purpose the photo taken at UKVCAS is not used anywhere except for identity purpose. I mean its not used on a BRP like ILR for instance and even not used for a BP. Not sure if HO will ask for a photo for naturalisation applicants (chosen for re-use biometrics) as they already have biometrics and photo in their system. But time will tell. Lets see.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Sorry just realised posted the last comment on the ILR forum. Ignore.

lavinia85
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by lavinia85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CR001 wrote:
lavinia85 wrote:

That’s why I said “I do not know if that was right”, so please don’t do it if you don’t feel comfortable..