ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Frou01 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:55 pm

They have sent me an email tonight.
Finally could book. All was £110.
So booked a free one for Monday.

Finally sorted!

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 pm

I applied on 9th of June and While I was creating the account with UKVCAS it identified me as existing customer and asked me to put the Unique Application number, So I did and then I uploaded my documents as well. So every time I log in it asks me to put the application number.
And now I've got this Email today regarding the Account and Biometric.

Unique Application Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxx

We wrote to you recently about your recent application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have been suspended for the safety of both our colleagues and customers. UKVCAS service points have started to re-open and previously booked and cancelled appointments are currently being rescheduled.

Our records indicate that you have not yet created your UKVCAS account.

In order to continue your application and to enable you to you to secure a biometric enrolment appointment when they become available or, where we are able, to reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given you need to create an account with our commercial partner so they can provide you with information on the action you will need to take.

ANYONE GOT THE SAME EMAIL OR ITS JUST ME???
Dont know if its just by mistake>?

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 am

aseef935 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 pm
I applied on 9th of June and While I was creating the account with UKVCAS it identified me as existing customer and asked me to put the Unique Application number, So I did and then I uploaded my documents as well. So every time I log in it asks me to put the application number.

Dear Mr xxxx

We wrote to you recently about your recent application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have been suspended for the safety of both our colleagues and customers. UKVCAS service points have started to re-open and previously booked and cancelled appointments are currently being rescheduled.

In order to continue your application and to enable you to you to secure a biometric enrolment appointment when they become available or, where we are able, to reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given you need to create an account with our commercial partner so they can provide you with information on the action you will need to take.

Best to call them tomorrow.

grosvenorave
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grosvenorave » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 am

aseef935 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Dear Mr xxxx

Must be an error. I applied for the ILR last year and now applying naturalisation, and I get the same "We have detected multiple applications connected to this email address. Please enter the UAN of the application you wish to access." message when I log in to UKVCAS. I checked that with them when I called them last month and they said it's normal. I also uploaded my documents for the naturalisation application but I didn't get the email you received. It should be something they can sort out on their systems if you uploaded your docs already.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 am

Hello,

I applied on Jun 11th and got the same message today even though, using the same account I used for my previous biometrics, I keep accessing the account with the new application number and already uploaded my documents for the new application.

No idea what’s going on! Might send them an email.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 am

Hi all,

I got exactly the same message. I called them they told me that they will call me later. Next day I got a call about my query and they advised me that they may be some system error and they can see my all three application [ Mine and my wife and daughter ]. For my wife and daughter, I used the same account. Every time I have to log in the account I have to enter the UAN. However, this was not the case until I submitted my wife and daughter application almost one month later than mine. So far I haven't receive any further communication and waiting for the message for Biometric exemptions.

Uma

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 pm

I sent an email to ukvcas about I can't create an account because 'book an appointment' icon at the last step takes me to the ukvcas login site instead of create an account site. I didn't even got email from ukvcas to create account. This is what they reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.
Once you have completed your application with UKVI, you will be directed to create a UKVCAS account and should receive an email regarding this. You will be automatically taken to the appointment booking process. If you would like to come back at a later time and complete the appointment booking process, please visit the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk), log in to your account and follow the steps provided. The login link is at the top-right of the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk) home page.
Alternatively, you can contact our support team on the following numbers: 0900 165 6600 (inside the UK) or +44900 165 6600 (outside the UK). Calls cost £2.50 per minute plus your standard network rate and access charge. Our lines are open 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.

Soo...I am still missing my UKVCAS account. What should I do?

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 pm
I sent an email to ukvcas about I can't create an account because 'book an appointment' icon at the last step takes me to the ukvcas login site instead of create an account site. I didn't even got email from ukvcas to create account. This is what they reply:

Once you have completed your application with UKVI, you will be directed to create a UKVCAS account and should receive an email regarding this. You will be automatically taken to the appointment booking process. If you would like to come back at a later time and complete the appointment booking process, please visit the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk), log in to your account and follow the steps provided. The login link is at the top-right of the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk) home page.
Alternatively, you can contact our support team on the following numbers: 0900 165 6600 (inside the UK) or +44900 165 6600 (outside the UK). Calls cost £2.50 per minute plus your standard network rate and access charge. Our lines are open 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.

You should have an e-mail from UKVCAS "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services" and on the bottom you will find "Should your UKVCAS registration fail please try to register again here" where "here" is an active link to sign up.

Also check the spam folder.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:56 pm

otuel wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Laller wrote:

You should have an e-mail from UKVCAS "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services" and on the bottom you will find "Should your UKVCAS registration fail please try to register again here" where "here" is an active link to sign up.

Yes, I know. But I did not get any email from ukvcas. Nothing. I just got 2 emails from ukvi. The first when I paid for my naturalisation confirming my paiment and the other the following day as ukvi received my application. Nothing else. I have sent these infos to ukvcas too. I just don't know what else should I do..

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 pm

I have already checked my spam and junk too. But nothing.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:56 pm
otuel wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Laller wrote:

Yes, I know. But I did not get any email from ukvcas. Nothing. I just got 2 emails from ukvi. The first when I paid for my naturalisation confirming my paiment and the other the following day as ukvi received my application. Nothing else. I have sent these infos to ukvcas too. I just don't know what else should I do..

I'm just wondering..can I use my same account I used before when I applied for my permanent resident document? I suppose I should have another account now, for naturalisation. Shouldn't I?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:27 am
skasyap wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Which date that person applied?
5th april

I applied on the 15th and still no email at all

Somebody here applied on the 27th May and already had an email. I think this is very unfair. Will have to call them on Monday
I applied on 21st of May and also have not received any email so again not sure how they are deciding about this to be honest. Apart from that I never received an acknowledgement email but only payment confirmation email.

Not sure how long we will have to wait.
Finally I have received an email as well and I applied for naturalisation on 21st of May. As usual it went into JUNK Folder.
Thank god atleast I won’t have to pay that nonsense amount for fingerprints 🤣🤣
Guys, I have logged in to my UKVCAS account, and under documents upload section, I had an option to submit my documents. I guess UKVCAS was not automatically submitting the documents to UKVI.

Fingers crossed 🤞

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 am

skasyap wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 am
skasyap wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:27 am
skasyap wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:09 pm

5th april

I applied on the 15th and still no email at all

Somebody here applied on the 27th May and already had an email. I think this is very unfair. Will have to call them on Monday
I applied on 21st of May and also have not received any email so again not sure how they are deciding about this to be honest. Apart from that I never received an acknowledgement email but only payment confirmation email.

Not sure how long we will have to wait.
Finally I have received an email as well and I applied for naturalisation on 21st of May. As usual it went into JUNK Folder.
Thank god atleast I won’t have to pay that nonsense amount for fingerprints 🤣🤣
Guys, I have logged in to my UKVCAS account, and under documents upload section, I had an option to submit my documents. I guess UKVCAS was not automatically submitting the documents to UKVI.

Fingers crossed 🤞
:D :D :D :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am

I applied on 22nd June and I can see an option now via “document upload” to submit the documents to UKVI on the UKVCAS account.

It says: “You now have the option to submit your uploaded documents before your appointment takes place. This action can only be performed once.”

I have submitted my documents to UKVI and got a message that the documents are “successfully submitted”.

P.S: I have not received any other emails like re-use biometrics OR booking an appointment email but still could see this option. I har uploaded my documents on 22nd June already.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Also, once you login to the UKVCAS account and scroll down, under the document upload section description it says:

“We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 pm

I also have the option to submit documents which I just did. It would be good to know why this has been introduced now and what it means for the application process. Does it mean someone will look at the application before the appointment?
I haven’t heard back about biometric reuse or appointment booking but could still submit my documents.. curious!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Fendi wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 pm
I also have the option to submit documents which I just did. It would be good to know via this has been introduced now and what it means for the application process. Does it mean someone will look at the application before the appointment?
I haven’t heard back about biometric reuse or appointment booking but could still submit my documents.. curious!
Many members have reported getting decisions who applied in Feb/March. In fact, I personally know 2 applicants from early March who got decisions via email but obviously their biometrics were done early March. But that depicts UKVI is processing applications on time. This new introduction of submitting documents to UKVI will definitely let them process the applications without the biometrics.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm

I think this new option to submit documents is to enable HO process the applications while waiting for biometrics and for those who have existing biometric they will just use it, instead of having to make people wait.

Also mabie they have highlighted some people who have recent biometrics and dont need a new one. Hence the submit documents option..

Because in all reality, they have access to majority of the evidences submitted like passports, brp cards and stuff. I just aso submitted mine and it came up with message saying documents submitted successfully. So fingers crossed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:49 pm
I think this new option to submit documents is to enable HO process the applications while waiting for biometrics and for those who have existing biometric they will just use it, instead of having to make people wait.

Also mabie they have highlighted some people who have recent biometrics and dont need a new one. Hence the submit documents option..

Because in all reality, they have access to majority of the evidences submitted like passports, brp cards and stuff. I just aso submitted mine and it came up with message saying documents submitted successfully. So fingers crossed.
What date did you apply?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm

@cullinan

I applied on the 28th June 2020

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 pm

I had the option to upload documents as well which I just did. I was chosen for my biometrics to be re-used.

I haven't received any email from UKVI/UKVCAS re: biometric reuse and how to supply the photograph.

Nasher
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Nasher » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:41 pm

I have an appointment next week Tuesday, but for some reason I can no longer see the documents I uploaded and everytime I click on upload documents the page comes up blank? Anyone else having this issue?

Nasher
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Nasher » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Nasher wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:41 pm
I have an appointment next week Tuesday, but for some reason I can no longer see the documents I uploaded and everytime I click on upload documents the page comes up blank? Anyone else having this issue?
It's working now so must have been some kind of system error. I have also made use of the option to send documents to UKVI.

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by Naphtha » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Fendi wrote:
I also have the option to submit documents which I just did. It would be good to know why this has been introduced now and what it means for the application process. Does it mean someone will look at the application before the appointment?
Did you get confirmation by email that you submitted the documents?

I was in the same circumstance than you and submitted the documents however I didn't get any confirmation that these were issued or received?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Naphtha wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:49 pm
Fendi wrote:
Did you get confirmation by email that you submitted the documents?

I was in the same circumstance than you and submitted the documents however I didn't get any confirmation that these were issued or received?
No email confirmation is received. Once you submit the documents, the next screen says “thank you for submitting your documents.....”. Also, if you see the documents now.. it will say “submitted” in front of them and you can not remove them.