ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of child under 18 - MN1 - Section 1(3) question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Registration of child under 18 - MN1 - Section 1(3) question

Post by max7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 am

Hi,

I am applying for my 2 years old. I had Refugee leave to remain when our child was born. I've now got the ILR. The baby never had any passport / id card from my home country.The only documents I have is the baby's birth certificate (issued in UK) , my marriage certificate (issued in UK), baby's ILR BRP card as baby was my dependent in my ILR application.
I need some assistance with the following from the document checklist as they are bit confusing and I don't know what proof to send for these ones.

• Proof of FATHER's parental responsibility for CHILD.

• Proof of MOTHER's parental responsibility for CHILD.

• If CHILD has a passport then provide this with your application. If CHILD does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

Please point me in the right direction for the above required document checklist.

Thanks in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Registration of child under 18 - MN1 - Section 1(3) question

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:29 am

max7 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 am
Hi,

I am applying for my 2 years old. I had Refugee leave to remain when our child was born. I've now got the ILR. The baby never had any passport / id card from my home country.The only documents I have is the baby's birth certificate (issued in UK) , my marriage certificate (issued in UK), baby's ILR BRP card as baby was my dependent in my ILR application.
I need some assistance with the following from the document checklist as they are bit confusing and I don't know what proof to send for these ones.

• If CHILD has a passport then provide this with your application. If CHILD does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

Please point me in the right direction for the above required document checklist.

Thanks in advance!
1) Birth certificate should be enough for parental responsibility. If you (the mother?) are applying on the basis of your ILR status, father’s documents are not needed anyways.

2) Baby’s ILR BRP in your case is enough.

All you need is:
Your (mother’s ILR) original BRP card.
Baby’s UK Birth certificate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by max7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:34 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:29 am
max7 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 am
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
1) Birth certificate should be enough for parental responsibility. If you (the mother?) are applying on the basis of your ILR status, father’s documents are not needed anyways.

2) Baby’s ILR BRP in your case is enough.
Thank you very much for a real quick reply!

I'm the father, wife has not got the ILR yet. She's got 9 years until ILR (10 year route by HO since last year).

Love for all, hatred for none.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:36 am

You need 2 referees also.
Plus the marriage certificate also in case you (father) applying.

Love for All, Hatred for None :))
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

max7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by max7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:43 am

Yes, I used a friend's reference and a minister of religion for the second referee.

The check list states that I require to get signatures from both referees and glue a passport size photo on each of the printed referee form.
Is that mandatory as well? I'm a bit worried to take baby to a photo studio due to Covid-19.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:46 am

max7 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:43 am
Yes, I used a friend's reference and a minister of religion for the second referee.

The check list states that I require to get signatures from both referees and glue a passport size photo on each of the printed referee form.
Is that mandatory as well? I'm a bit worried to take baby to a photo studio due to Covid-19.
I am afraid baby’s passport size photo on the referee form is mandatory. Also, referee signature is a must.

You maybe can opt for a self service photo booth over a studio.