ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 pm

lavinia85 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:05 pm
I have submitted too, after uploading in the identity category a photo that meets the Gov.uk electronic passport photo specifications. I don’t know if that was right but let’s see!
This is epic, can’t stop laughing 👌🏻😅😅😅

lavinia85
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by lavinia85 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 pm
lavinia85 wrote:
I have submitted too, after uploading in the identity category a photo that meets the Gov.uk electronic passport photo specifications. I don’t know if that was right but let’s see!
Now you guys are making me nervous lol Was that the wrong thing to do? My husband renewed his passport recently and he took a similar photo at home so I thought it might be fine.. but now I am worried!

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:12 am

lavinia85 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
lavinia85 wrote:
Now you guys are making me nervous lol Was that the wrong thing to do? My husband renewed his passport recently and he took a similar photo at home so I thought it might be fine.. but now I am worried!
I think HO will probably ignore it if they've not asked for it. We are just surprised by your out of the box thinking.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:55 am

lavinia85 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
lavinia85 wrote:
That’s OK, you never know, HO might use your innovative idea of reusing the existing function rather that building something new to upload the photo 🙂

rubedo
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by rubedo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:21 am

Honestly I really want that to be the case, but I very much doubt it. If it was this easy the hO would not have developed the “EU Exit: ID document check” app right?

My guess is that they may be looking at something similar that scans your BRP chip then takes a photo?

But I could well be wrong because: (i) that current app can also be used for EU & family members who, unlike us, never enrolled biometrics and (ii) it is not used to issue a “typical” ID document (ie they don’t get a BRP just a printout), unlike the online British passport Replacement form of HO.

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 am

Hi Guys,

Just need some guidance. My wives PBD dependant is due to expire in September there for I was going to apply for ILR now (tier2-5 year route). We need to travel in september so was hoping to apply for Premium service. On the forum I have seen premium service is not available at the moment at this stage. If I apply for standard service then it migh take 4-5 months and I wont be able to travel. Do you think they’ll start the premium service again and when that can be possible? I know nobody knows what HO will do but any advise would be useful.

Thanks

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm

hi Moderators, i submitted my ILR set o application and uploaded my documents to UKVCAS and later saw they have option to submit documents to UKVI via the UKVCAS website it self.

how ever today i got email from homeoffice, with following info,

WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk,

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

letter was not signed by any info,
also heading was leave to remain but my app was setlement.

please comment about this,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:42 pm

Nilang wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm
hi Moderators, i submitted my ILR set o application and uploaded my documents to UKVCAS and later saw they have option to submit documents to UKVI via the UKVCAS website it self.

Dear Customer,

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

Settlement is Indefinite “Leave to Remain”. This is a system auto generated email. Many have received this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Nilang wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm

Dear Customer,

Wondering why some people receive this and others don’t- Has your visa expired?

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:34 pm

No I have Visa till next year June..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:50 pm

These are system generated auto emails. Some who dont receive it is due to some technical error while system pushes through emails.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Whizart wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:34 pm
Saeed5 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:14 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am

Did you get any notification or email after submitting the documents with this new option?
No confirmation or acknowledgment, in my document section on UKVCAS site, all I can see now is "submitted" in front of documents, whereby previously it had an option to remove documents.

Makes me think that if the documents will now go straight to UKVI or still with UKVCAS and they will forward?

Also is this an option that we are seeing only now or has this option always been there?
Can I ask you about scan and upload for passport is it need to scan all pages even empty one ?
Thanks
I scanned all my pages including the blank pages. There have been cases reported where the UKVI requests the applicants to submit their passport hardcopy at a later stage for verification. So I would recommend to scan all pages including the blank/empty pages of your passport to be on the safe side.
Thanks for this but it will be more than 6MB size as they said will not accept upload.

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi there,

May I know the maximum size for the uploaded document? Do I need to combine the scanned documents into a single document? For example, I have scanned my passport pages individually and therefore will have multiple documents. The combined one may exceed the maximum size so I am wondering if I can upload multiple files for the same topic?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:49 pm

I scanned 36 pages of my passport on my phone it was 10MB. All together in ONE PDF file. Easily reduced the size of PDF on google to 4MB.
You can google and use any PDF compress/resize website. Takes 2 minutes.

Size allowed is 6MB/document
Preferably in PDF

JPEG is allowed also but in the end its your responsibility to organise your documents which can best be done in PDF.

rubedo
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by rubedo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:49 pm
The thought of a random website server having access to my passport scans is scary though

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:17 am

rubedo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:15 am
CULLINAN wrote:
The thought of a random website server having access to my passport scans is scary though
Maybe. But I have always used and never had any problems.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 am

Saeed5 wrote:
I scanned all my pages including the blank pages. There have been cases reported where the UKVI requests the applicants to submit their passport hardcopy at a later stage for verification. So I would recommend to scan all pages including the blank/empty pages of your passport to be on the safe side.
Thanks for this but it will be more than 6MB size as they said will not accept upload.
[/quote]

I used an online PDF compressor tool to reduce the file size. You can easily reduce the file size upto 50% within minutes without compromising too much on its quality. Also try not to exceed more than 200dpi resolution when you scan your passport. The recommended resolution is between 150dpi to 300dpi stated on UKVCAS website. Most websites have secure image encryption tool but always read their terms and condition before using it. Hope that helps.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:42 am

Whizart wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 am
Saeed5 wrote:
As per UKVCAS website “If your document is over 6 MB please separate it into parts and create separate files to upload. There is no limit on the number of documents/files you can upload”

You can divide your passport in 2 seperate files, I did the same as I am not comfortable in sharing passport details on some random website to compress.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:25 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:17 am
rubedo wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Maybe. But I have always used and never had any problems.
To reduce identity theft, I would be reluctant to upload my passport on any random website. So in the end it’s personal choice.

Yes - it does increase the risk of identity theft, however for most successful identity thefts, the attacker would need various other bits of information as well.

The best way to think of it is that every piece of information about you an attacker has, the less effort he has to spend to impersonate you.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:52 am

rubedo wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
The other way to reduce size without using online PDF convertor:

- Normally resolution of scanned images is very high, open image in "Paint" application and change width to 1000px. It will reduce size of image.

- Download a software "Image To PDF" software locally (Search google for this software)

- Use that local software for converting images to pdf, it will compress images further without affecting quality and the size will be low after these steps

I hope it will be all helpful.
Last edited by GondalUK on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am

Hi All,

I received the following email Last week. I am still waiting for another email from UKVCAS.

Dear xxxxxxxxx -,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

What if I need my visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please visit the UKVI website here.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website

Problem:

UKVCAS account has the option to submit the documents to UKVI, which I think is contrary to the email I received last week. Shall I submit the documents on UKVCAS account and wait for image email?

Many thanks your input will be appreciated.

box11
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by box11 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Has anyone who applied in June received an email regarding using previous biometrics or have those emails just gone out to people that applied in May or earlier?

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:25 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Hi All,

I received the following email Last week. I am still waiting for another email from UKVCAS.

Dear xxxxxxxxx -,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website

Problem:

UKVCAS account has the option to submit the documents to UKVI, which I think is contrary to the email I received last week. Shall I submit the documents on UKVCAS account and wait for image email?

I think it’s not contrary, if you have received that email and the option is there to submit documents, then documents are going straight to UKVI and your biometrics are being re used, all that’s missing is a photo for which they will let you know.

I haven’t received any emails but had the option of submitting documents that appeared on Friday so I did submit my documents, waiting for any email now.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm

We applied for ILR on 30/04/2020 and we did not receive any email so far.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:25 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:55 am
Hi All,

Dear xxxxxxxxx -,

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Problem:

I think it’s not contrary, if you have received that email and the option is there to submit documents, then documents are going straight to UKVI and your biometrics are being re used, all that’s missing is a photo for which they will let you know.

I haven’t received any emails but had the option of submitting documents that appeared on Friday so I did submit my documents, waiting for any email now.
Thank you debrancherenzym

Can other members/moderators/applicants with (reuse -email) please share their opinion. I made application on 13.04.2020 and feels like stuck in a LIMBO.

Thank you.