ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mali167
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse Visa extension

Post by mali167 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi there,

My wife came here on a spouse visa in May 2018 which is going to expire in Feb 2021.

I had a couple of Qs if someone can answer them please.

When's the latest I can apply for the 2.5 years extension?
I get the child benefit and universal credit paid into my account, can these affect my application in any way? The money we get from universal credit, can that be counted towards the 18,600?

Thanks a lot :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm

No later than the date her visa expires is the latest you can submit and pay online.
I get the child benefit and universal credit paid into my account, can these affect my application in any way? The money we get from universal credit, can that be counted towards the 18,600?
Shouldn't affect provided you are claiming universal credit correctly and that your spouse's name was added to the claim.

No, you cannot use benefits (it is taxpayers money not your money) towards the financial requirement. You must meet the income requirment with payslips, bank statements and employer letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mali167
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mali167 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm
No later than the date her visa expires is the latest you can submit and pay online.
Shouldn't affect provided you are claiming universal credit correctly and that your spouse's name was added to the claim.

No, you cannot use benefits (it is taxpayers money not your money) towards the financial requirement. You must meet the income requirment with payslips, bank statements and employer letter.
Thanks for replying.

One last Q

What's the time frame on it please once you apply?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:53 pm

Standard service can take between 8 weeks and 6 months. Super priority could give a decision within 24 hours after biomterics but costs an extra £800 and is not guaranteed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.