ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent extension for my wife

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GeeBee86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Dependent extension for my wife

Post by GeeBee86 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Dear All,

I currently hold an ILR and need to extend PBS dependent visa for my wife since she is not finished 5 years yet to apply for ILR. I have an unique situation and a follow up question regarding Cohabitation document. Any response will be highly appreciated.

Our Situation:
We both are working professionals and due to work committments we live in seperate cities. She lives in Bournemouth and I am in London. As a result we rent 2 houses wih seperate council tax, utility bills etc. We have however, a joint UK bank account.
P.S - The only reason we are staying seperately is due to job. We meet every weekend (either I go to Bmth or vice versa) and our relationship is very stable.

Question:
If I provide our joint bank account statement along with our marriage certificates, plane tickets for our holidays together, photographs etc will that be sufficient?

Or do we need to also provide utility bills for both the houses and write a cover leter to home office explaining our situation why we are staying seperately?

Please assist.

Many thanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent extension for my wife

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:15 pm

I currently hold an ILR
On what basis of r route did you get ilr?
Question:
If I provide our joint bank account statement along with our marriage certificates, plane tickets for our holidays together, photographs etc will that be sufficient?
You need more than just one joint bank account. Plane tickets and photos of you together are irrelevant. You need documented correspondence from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. This is mandatory to prove suabsisting relationship. Why did you not each others names to utility bills?
Or do we need to also provide utility bills for both the houses and write a cover leter to home office explaining our situation why we are staying seperately?
Probably all you can do as you haven't planned this very well in terms of being prepared. Note that the same cohabitation evidence will be required for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GeeBee86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GeeBee86 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Thank you sir for quick response...much appreciated. Few follow-up questions:

1) When filling the application form, it says:
Document showing you and your partner living together(for eg: a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statements)
So if I provide one of the above (bank statement in my case), will that not suffice?

2) I got ILR after finishing 5 years in Tier2 general visa. When filling the application form, it asks to select the type of visa your partner was in prior to ILR and provide BRP number.
Do I need to provide BRP number of my ILR or the previous expired tier2 BRP number?

3) It also asks how long 'Certificate of Sponsorship' is valid for your partner - a)Less than 3 years b)More than 3 years.
Considering I am in ILR, I no longer have COS. So what should I select here?

Many thanks again for any response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:12 pm

1) When filling the application form, it says:
Document showing you and your partner living together(for eg: a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statements)
So if I provide one of the above (bank statement in my case), will that not suffice?
no, one bank statement is NOT enough. You need two years evidence from 3 to 6 different sources, as I have already explained.
2) I got ILR after finishing 5 years in Tier2 general visa. When filling the application form, it asks to select the type of visa your partner was in prior to ILR and provide BRP number.
Do I need to provide BRP number of my ILR or the previous expired tier2 BRP number?
Either brp but you need to state you were on tier 2.
3) It also asks how long 'Certificate of Sponsorship' is valid for your partner - a)Less than 3 years b)More than 3 years.
Considering I am in ILR, I no longer have COS. So what should I select here?
Your last cos and sponsor details you had before ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GeeBee86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GeeBee86 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Thank you.

Last question, do I need to apply only 28 days before the visa expiry date or can I apply before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:05 pm

You can apply anytime. It will be a 3 year extension for your dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GeeBee86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GeeBee86 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Thank you. I have made the online application and paid the IHS Surcharge. However, I am unable to book appointment on UKVACS site as it says only open for june applicants. Aparently they will keep me informed by email when appointments are opened for booking.

My question - what if appointment slots dont open before my wife's visa expiry date (7th Sept)?

Also, while completing the application it said I must complete biometrics by 29 Sept 2020. What if appointment slots dont open before that?

Pls advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:18 pm

No one will be penalised or lose their money due to the delays due to the pandemic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)