ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions and help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maher533
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation Questions and help

Post by Maher533 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi guys I need help regarding my naturalisation application.
My timeline
Student visa tier4 = 2011
marriage Eu national = 2013 sep
5 years visa granted in. = 2016 March
Settled status = 2020 July
My question is my marriage have nearly 7 years till now would you think I am eligible for naturalisation now or I need to wait for 1 year because I have granted ILR in July 2020. Because someone told me that you are eligible because your marriage have 7 years so they counted this time as well . Could you give me advice plz because I don’t want to loss my naturalisation fee which is i think non refundable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Questions and help

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:46 pm

You need the full 1 year on ILR before you can apply for citizenship. It makes no difference how long you have been married or living in the UK with an EU spouse.

The only time you do not have to wait is if you are married to a British citizen.

Stop listening to "someone".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Questions and help

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Like CR001 said
But may I ask you when did your student visa end ? Have you had student visa until you have met and married your partner September 2013 ?