ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor parents to come to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anontier20
Afghanistan

Sponsor parents to come to the UK

Post by Anontier20 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:33 pm

Hello All,

As these new and challenging times have taught us the most important things. I am on a Tier 1 visa and I wanted to see if there is a way to permanently sponsor my older parents who are living in a deprived country and I want them here with me for the long term. Is there such an option/ visa scheme and what is the process? Has anyone applied for this and what was your experience?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor parents to come to the UK

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Anontier20 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:33 pm
Hello All,

As these new and challenging times have taught us the most important things. I am on a Tier 1 visa and I wanted to see if there is a way to permanently sponsor my older parents who are living in a deprived country and I want them here with me for the long term. Is there such an option/ visa scheme and what is the process? Has anyone applied for this and what was your experience?
That's the Adult Dependent Relative ADR visa. It is the most difficult visa to get as the requirements/bar is set too high.
Failure of it also puts paid to the possibility of you getting them a visitor visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:13 pm
Anontier20 wrote:
Hello All,

That's the Adult Dependent Relative ADR visa. It is the most difficult visa to get as the requirements/bar is set too high.
Failure of it also puts paid to the possibility of you getting them a visitor visa.
Even if they could get such a visa, they don't qualify in any way for the ADR visa as the OP doesn't hold ilr or British citizenship and have clearly stated they hold a tier 1 entrepreneur visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 am

Anontier20 wrote:
Hello All,

You can't sponsor them for any dependent visa as a tier 1 visa holder. They will have to find their own visa they might qualify for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.