ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ccj affect on naturalisation query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rogger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ccj affect on naturalisation query

Post by Rogger » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Hello everybody,
I recently joined this site and when ever I got problem I got the answers from this forum.
Actually I am going to apply for naturalization but problem is that I got ccj in 2014. After i filled the form of county court i started to pay them min. Amount to them every month till 6 years i called them and they said that ur case closed now and no need to pay us as that company is as a solicitor company so i contact the actual company they said we donot have ur record so they are unable to give anything in writting.and I spoken so many solicitors ,one solicitor said if there is no record in ur credit history no need to worry as it's more then 6 years old just mention in ur application, kindly any body able to help me to give me any advice,
Thanks

Sirjameso
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Ccj affect on naturalisation query

Post by Sirjameso » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:48 am

A CCJ notice stays on your credit reference files for 6 years and 1 month. No one can see the CCJ notice after this time. If the application only asks if you have had a CCJ within the last 6 years and it applies to you, then you say no. No need to mention you have previously had a CCJ if the question includes the 6 year time reference. You can search online for free credit reference files checks. Hope this helps and good luck!

axeman85
Ghana

Re: Ccj affect on naturalisation query

Post by axeman85 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:39 am

As previously stated on this forum CCJ doesn't affect your application except you have multiple debts which is racked up intentionally and no intention of paying them back. If you have a ccj just mention it and state you have arrangement in place and paying it. Attach evidence of any.

I equally have a ccj which I have paid off so I mentioned it and attached email printout evidence to show I have paid it off and they will see that if they have to check...