ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement (Non-EEA) long CoA, biometrics covid timelines?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxmania90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settlement (Non-EEA) long CoA, biometrics covid timelines?

Post by maxmania90 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:24 am

Hi there,

My wife (EU citizen) has presettled status. She's also working. I am currently on a Tier2.

I would like to know:
- the timelines of getting a long CoA (with right to work), to start working with a new employer (not the sponsor of my current Tier2). Would I only obtain a CoA after biometrics, or before?
- I don't have a BRC, and have read that biometrics in the BRP (Tier2) are not transferable for the EU Settlement scheme? Is that true?
- If so, would I need to go to UKVCAS to book a biometrics appointment? Under covid situations would this mean months?

Thank you very much in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU Settlement (Non-EEA) long CoA, biometrics covid timelines?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 am

You should wait for your ilr, it will likely be a quicker result than pre settled status, which also resets your residence clock.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/gener ... l#p1911089
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maxmania90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU Settlement (Non-EEA) long CoA, biometrics covid timelines?

Post by maxmania90 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 am
You should wait for your ilr, it will likely be a quicker result than pre settled status, which also resets your residence clock.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/gener ... l#p1911089
You're absolutely amazing in keeping track of all activities!

Yes, I agree. Waiting for the ILR is the most logical thing to do. But the thought that I could end up in a scenario jobless if:
- new potential employer doesn't want to wait
- new potential employer is willing to sponsor Tier2 again, but is unable to because my 6 years on Tier2 is soon.
- current employer makes me redundant because of covid
- and worst case, if redundancy jeapordises the ILR, then I get deported?

At this point, I'm really looking to see if I can accept the new job offer and avoid the risk of them rescinding the offer. Everyday is a heartache because I'm just in a tough spot with the edge case of my immigration situation.