ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 General Dependent Extension while Main applicant applied for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kram90
Newly Registered

PBS Tier 2 General Dependent Extension while Main applicant applied for ILR

Post by kram90 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 am

Dear All,

I currently planing to apply ILR through 5 year tier 2 and need to extend PBS dependent visa for my wife since she is not finished 5 years yet . I have some questions in the PBS dependent extension application form.

1) Does Mr XXX have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?
Should I say "yes" or "no" . I would like to say yes and add a cover letter. If I select no then it asks for my company TIER 2 license number.

2)What is the length of Mr XXXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
My COS was over 3 years. But If I select this then application fee is 1420. So I would I like to select less than 3 years as extension is for 3 years genrally?

3) Has Mr XXXX sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?
No? As Tier 2 sponsor would be eligible for maintenance as I will be applying for ILR.

Please assist.

Many thanks
KM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 2 General Dependent Extension while Main applicant applied for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am

1) Does Mr XXX have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?
Should I say "yes" or "no" . I would like to say yes and add a cover letter. If I select no then it asks for my company TIER 2 license number.
You need to provide your tier 2 sponsor details anyway, whether you have ILR or not. You should select no and add a cover letter.
2)What is the length of Mr XXXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
My COS was over 3 years. But If I select this then application fee is 1420. So I would I like to select less than 3 years as extension is for 3 years genrally?
She will only get a 3 year extension, regardless.
3) Has Mr XXXX sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?
No? As Tier 2 sponsor would be eligible for maintenance as I will be applying for ILR.
Your tier 2 sponsor CANNOT certify maintenance for your dependent if you are applying for ILR (which has no maintenance fund requirement anyway). For her extension, YOU must provide evidence of 90 days maintenance funds of £630.

A tier 2 sponsor cannot certify maintenance for dependents when you are applying for or have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.