ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 incountry renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maphosacain
Newly Registered

Tier 2 incountry renewal

Post by Maphosacain » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for all the help you offer on this platform. I am a Tier 2 dependent and due to submit my application for a Tier 2 renewal next month. The issue that i am having is that i submitted my current Tier 2 BRP card to the DVLA as proof of identity for the purposes of exchanging my foreign license for a UK one. The process of exchange usually takes 3 weeks so at the time of submission i had sufficient time headroom to get my BRP card back from the DVLA and apply for my Tier 2 visa renewal next month. However, due to COVID DVLA are taking ages to process license applications and it is likely that my current BRP card will still be stuck with them come the time that i need to renew my visa.

What would be the best course of action, with respect to applying for my renewal i.e. is it possible to apply without the physical copy of the BRP card?

Thank you.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered
England

Re: Tier 2 incountry renewal

Post by checkmeifucancs » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Maphosacain wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for all the help you offer on this platform. I am a Tier 2 dependent and due to submit my application for a Tier 2 renewal next month. The issue that i am having is that i submitted my current Tier 2 BRP card to the DVLA as proof of identity for the purposes of exchanging my foreign license for a UK one. The process of exchange usually takes 3 weeks so at the time of submission i had sufficient time headroom to get my BRP card back from the DVLA and apply for my Tier 2 visa renewal next month. However, due to COVID DVLA are taking ages to process license applications and it is likely that my current BRP card will still be stuck with them come the time that i need to renew my visa.

What would be the best course of action, with respect to applying for my renewal i.e. is it possible to apply without the physical copy of the BRP card?

Thank you.
Hi, Being Non-EU citizen, I was never asked a physical copy of my old BRP while renewing Visa. I was asked to destroy the BRP and either sent it to gov or discard it totally by myself. If I were you, I would be concern about DVLA application since provided BRP won't be valid to get a license.
Regards,