ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Questions

Post by klownking » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi,

I have asked my employer for the letter to apply for ILR. He is asking me if we should mention that the role falls under the SOL or not.?

Do you think we should mention that in the letter that the role comes under the SOL or not?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm

klownking wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm
Hi,

I have asked my employer for the letter to apply for ILR. He is asking me if we should mention that the role falls under the SOL or not.?

Do you think we should mention that in the letter that the role comes under the SOL or not?

Thanks
What is SOL ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:03 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm
Hi,

Thanks
What is SOL ?
SOL - Shortage Occupation List
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Never heard it being abbreviated until now. :lol:
To OP, no they do not need to tell UKVI that it is on SOL
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:07 pm
Never heard it being abbreviated until now. :lol:
To OP, no they do not need to tell UKVI that it is on SOL
:lol: :lol:

Really appreciate that.
Thanks, Zimba.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:06 am

Hi Again,

I am going to apply for the ILR on the 31st of July and I have requested my bank statements yesterday from the bank for the last 3 months. I hope that is fine because of the bank statements are within the 1 month of application date. Please correct me if I am wrong?

I will be showing my latest payslip which I will get on the 31st of July. Will there be an issue if I use the payslip of the same day as the application?

Also, I am getting the reference letter on the same day (31st of July) from my employer. I hope this should be fine and won't have any issues?

Thanks

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:41 pm

klownking wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:06 am
Hi Again,

I am going to apply for the ILR on the 31st of July and I have requested my bank statements yesterday from the bank for the last 3 months. I hope that is fine because of the bank statements are within the 1 month of application date. Please correct me if I am wrong?

I will be showing my latest payslip which I will get on the 31st of July. Will there be an issue if I use the payslip of the same day as the application?

Also, I am getting the reference letter on the same day (31st of July) from my employer. I hope this should be fine and won't have any issues?

Thanks
Any Idea guys..?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm

It's all ok

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks, Zimba & CR001. I will never forget the kind of help I have received from this forum. I Really Appreciate this. :)

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied for my ILR (Set O) and made a mistake into the employer reference letter. In the employer reference letter, my employer wrote previous COS number instead of the latest one on which I got my extension. Should I write to the HO about this mistake or not?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 am

klownking wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm
Hi Guys,

I have applied for my ILR (Set O) and made a mistake into the employer reference letter. In the employer reference letter, my employer wrote previous COS number instead of the latest one on which I got my extension. Should I write to the HO about this mistake or not?

Thanks
You are assigned one COS from the beginning. It does not change unless you change your sponsor or your job changes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:18 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 am
klownking wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
You are assigned one COS from the beginning. It does not change unless you change your sponsor or your job changes
A new Cos is assigned for visa extensions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:48 am

klownking wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Due to the significance of the COS number it is imperative that HO is informed about it. Don't know what stage of the application you are on i.e. if still uploading documents get another employer reference with the correct COS number and probably with employer stating the error in the previous letter and upload it and or back it with your own cover letter and upload.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:45 am

Thanks, guys. I have just asked my employer to give me a new letter with the explanation of this mistake. Appreciate your help.