ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from FLR FP to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:03 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm
I have my employment letter and letter from Payroll explaining my missing Feb payslip (it appears as March 2020 as it was out of time submission by them)

Have prepared my cohab docs, have a variety of documents from May 2018 through to current. I know 6 items of correspondance joint is needed over 2 years but will add in a bit extra just in case.

QQ - Passports - I understand all pages need to be scanned into one main PDF, not an issue. Wanted to ask if the front/back covers need to be scanned too? Not necessary

BRP - scanning the document as one file front and back? Yes

That's my main question, will prepare document list once I've filled in the application AGAIN. Technically I can ready to submit NOW but I rather have my Feb - July 2020 payslip as Jan 2020 was mat leave (far exceed the min salary threshold, but just in case)

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Thank you AmazonianX

One question that I was waiting for is one of the main choices of applications

"One of the questions asked is if this is the first time applying this route or if its an extension. As we filled in FLR M 1st time around and got 10 year partner route I believe I should tick first time applying. Will copy/paste the question next time I'm on the screen. Will create a cover letter."

Thoughts?

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 pm
Thank you AmazonianX

"One of the questions asked is if this is the first time applying this route or if its an extension. As we filled in FLR M 1st time around and got 10 year partner route I believe I should tick first time applying. Will copy/paste the question next time I'm on the screen. Will create a cover letter."

Thoughts?
No harm in writing a covering letter underpinning this and you may also show your financial calculations in same letter, if you wish.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm
bathanza wrote:
Thank you AmazonianX

Thoughts?
No harm in writing a covering letter underpinning this and you may also show your financial calculations in same letter, if you wish.
Will have the same cover letter as previous case - but meeting the requirement of having a valid visa. Obvs I am careful with HOW i word it and how much content I put in. Basic framework is the spouse/partner 5 year rules and how it's all met in the application. WITH added note of IF anything grant an extension of 10 year route - it saves us 1200 anyway (minus the fees with booking, premium charge as well as IHS fee increase would you believe!!!)

It's damn stressful this application considering that anything could render a refusal (it wont, but paranoia and Home Office go hand in hand)

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:14 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm
bathanza wrote:
Thank you AmazonianX

Thoughts?
Will have the same cover letter as previous case - but meeting the requirement of having a valid visa. Obvs I am careful with HOW i word it and how much content I put in. Basic framework is the spouse/partner 5 year rules and how it's all met in the application. WITH added note of IF anything grant an extension of 10 year route - it saves us 1200 anyway (minus the fees with booking, premium charge as well as IHS fee increase would you believe!!!)

It's damn stressful this application considering that anything could render a refusal (it wont, but paranoia and Home Office go hand in hand)
So true, however going by your previous tenacity and attention to details you will be fine.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 am

Thank you for the assurances.
List of documents that I've prepped:

Visa Documents

Cover letter - explains meeting requirements for variation of flr fp to flr m. Finances explained etc.

Passport, BRP
Spouse passport
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate (& passport for child if requested)

Finances

6 month payslips
Payroll letter explaining duplicate payslip issued
Employment letter
6 months Certified copies of statement from bank (pending)

English test

A1 SELT expiry 29 Jul 2018. Application will be submitted before 29th this month..

Accommodation

Land registry copy
Mortgage welcome letter

Cohab docs

2018 - two properties covered.

Electric bill  - May 18
Electric bill  - Aug 18
Council tax - Oct 18
Water bill - Dec 18

Water bill  - Feb 19
Council tax - March 19
Gas & Electric - May 19
Joint bank statement  covers May 2019 - Feb  19 (is an online statement downloaded from banking app)
Gas & Electric  - Aug 19
Gas & Electric - Nov 19

Water bill - Feb 2020
Council tax - March 2020
Gas & Electric - May 2020

Other

Letter of support- medical condition - was basis of last visa approval - is copy dated July 2018. To cover off obstacle and human rights claim if rendered refused.

3rd party consent letter etc that are physical downloads part of applications

Declaring motoring offences - silly mistake as it was paperwork issue. Will not even mention in cover letter or making any point of it..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:47 am

bathanza wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 am

English test

A1 SELT expiry 29 Jul 2018. Application will be submitted before 29th this month..
The test type & centre must be on the current list.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:47 am
bathanza wrote:

English test

I had to dig out my ringbinder file from the previous application to get the cert out!

It is Trinity College London, Grade 2 Graded Examination in Spoken English. CEFR Level A1 with distinction.

Cert issue date is 31 July 2018

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:22 pm

bathanza wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm
seagul wrote:
bathanza wrote:

English test

I had to dig out my ringbinder file from the previous application to get the cert out!

It is Trinity College London, Grade 2 Graded Examination in Spoken English. CEFR Level A1 with distinction.

Just carry on matching it with the following lists till you actually apply:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:22 pm
bathanza wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm
seagul wrote:
bathanza wrote:

English test

Just carry on matching it with the following lists till you actually apply:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Thanks for the tip - it's matched with the Croydon centre but will check again on the day that I hit the apply button - should be okay.

All docs are scanned, will prep the application from this afternoon. Have my other application to hand to cross reference any issues - I thank you all for responding to my incessant questions and clarifications!

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Filling in the form, under finance - have declared the spouse meets the financial threshold and entered in employment details for myself.

but then it states right at the bottom

"Are you a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?"

I know previously everyone has said not to declare this - the company will have it's annual return due next year and the required paperwork hasn't even been started as it's not even year end yet. Payslips are being issued but have no official accountant so we don't have Company Tax Return CT600. No income will be relied on this salary

However, I feel somewhat uneasy not to declare this. Please advise...

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:36 pm

I've read https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

We are not relying on the income of my partner being a director.

I don't understand as the context of financial is related to who earns the £18.6+ salary and at the enf asks if "you" are a director.

We have all the paperwork from companies house HMRC etc so I can cover this in cover letter, payslips are self issued so don't even know now. feel it's so unnecessary. (Pffftt)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:44 pm

bathanza wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:36 pm
I've read https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

We are not relying on the income of my partner being a director.

I don't understand as the context of financial is related to who earns the £18.6+ salary and at the enf asks if "you" are a director.

We have all the paperwork from companies house HMRC etc so I can cover this in cover letter, payslips are self issued so don't even know now. feel it's so unnecessary. (Pffftt)
The way you are over frightening so often not sure what will happens when you will come across with generic checklist and several singultus on the application form :lol:

If you still wish then to feel some assuage attach all available paperwork with the hope that caseworker will choose the most appropriate one.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 pm

I will simply write no - so ignoring the director bit. Application is strong as it stands. Did a bit of research on a few posts/boards outside of this group and found a scenario the same. Sponsor is in FTE and applicant a director. Was fine.

Application filled in, will submit next Friday on payday when I get my bank statements stamped. Job done.

Will post a timeline. Fingers crossed. Thank you ALL!!!! 8)

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:25 am

QQ - been to my bank NatWest and have 6 months TRANSACTIONS printed and each page stamped.

Will I be okay to submit or shall I print out my nicely formatted statements and get them to print.

Last time we applied my solicitor highlighted the wages that came in for caseworker ease. Shall I do the same?

I won't submit the application until cleared on this point...

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am

bathanza wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:25 am
QQ - been to my bank NatWest and have 6 months TRANSACTIONS printed and each page stamped.

Will I be okay to submit
This should meet appendix FM-SE so its fine.

Last time we applied my solicitor highlighted the wages that came in for caseworker ease. Shall I do the same? No need to highlight the statements but just ensure the statements will cover those months you are relying upon

My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am
bathanza wrote:

Will I be okay to submit

Last time we applied my solicitor highlighted the wages that came in for caseworker ease. Shall I do the same? No need to highlight the statements but just ensure the statements will cover those months you are relying upon

Thank you so much. Guess i'm all ready! Will provide timeline which will proove useful to all of the board members.

My tennant who is on a work visa (not sure which T) but he submitted his application March 2020 and biometrics were on 15th this month @ ukvacs and approved yesterday.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:02 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am
bathanza wrote:

Will I be okay to submit

Thank you so much. Guess i'm all ready! Will provide timeline which will proove useful to all of the board members.

My tennant who is on a work visa (not sure which T) but he submitted his application March 2020 and biometrics were on 15th this month @ ukvacs and approved yesterday.
There's a bit of conundrum going on at the moment with UKVCAS but once biometrics is done then application are processed faster infact I have seen standard application granted for 10 days just last month as long as the application is straightforward.

Wish you all the best with your application. :)
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:10 pm

bathanza wrote:

My tennant who is on a work visa (not sure which T) .
Haven't you done his right of rent check :lol:

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:17 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:10 pm
bathanza wrote:

My tennant who is on a work visa (not sure which T) .
Haven't you done his right of rent check :lol:
Oh I have and kept his file in my cupboard, I really don't feel comfortable looking at the passports and BRPs! the life of a landlord hey

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Quick update: documents have been submitted on the portal following confirmation of application

Automated email sent which explains no appointments are available and currently processing June applicants. We will be emailed when booking is available.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Quick update. Got an email to state the applicant is eligible to use the new IDV app that will be phased in over the next few weeks

Interested to read that if there's an emergency or need to travel urgently, we can opt out of the app and will get invited to BOOK an appointment.

Bear in mind I've seen many applicants trying to book appointments which costs £100-800, sticking to the app.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:44 pm

Quick question, can I and my son travel (both British citizens) abroad whilst my husband waits for a decision?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:53 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:44 pm
Quick question, can I and my son travel (both British citizens) abroad whilst my husband waits for a decision?
The Application does not preclude you and son from travelling. However in the off chance should there be any clarification required by HO make provision to be reachable.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:06 pm

Update. Invitation for IDV app received this evening. Submitted photo and liveness check is a little awkward.

Now will wait for a decision..one hopes if further info was needed we would have been notified before

Have seen decisions coming back anywhere from next day to 10 days after biometrics appointment or IDV. Will keep post up to date.

My travel plans are booked so fingers crossed we travel as a family!